Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broadcast Monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Broadcast Monitor Reply with quote

Hi there
I just heard about Matrox Mxo2, can you please tell me if I send my sequence from FCP to the 'Color' Program to adjust the color of my footage, can I use the HDMI TV as a broadcast monitor through the Matrox Mxo2 (remind you that in this stage I'm not using FCP but using the 'Color' program)
also can you please tell me that how can I calibrate it?
Thanks a lot
Ali
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ali,

We appreciate your MXO2 consideration. With regards to your enquiry; The MXO2 has an HDMI monitor calibration which lets you adjust your HDMI monitor exactly like you would on a broadcast HD/SD monitor. It will provide blue only calibration, and this will ensure proper color adjustment and therefore turns your HDMI TV into a broadcast monitor. So once you send your sequence from FCP to Color; you can use your HDMI TV as a broadcast monitor through the Matrox MXO2 (even if you are not in FCP).

Thanks,
B.C.
Henry Epstein
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, let say, if I connect my new Sony KDL-26M4000 26" BRAVIA M-Series LCD Flat Panel HDTV to the MXO2 HDMI outputs, using the blue-only calibration provided for HDMI monitor calibration, you can properly set up to broadcast levels Picture, Brightness, Color, Hue, etc. thru the Sony Picture Menu, disregarding this HDMI TV factory presets???
That would be cool! This is a very nice monitor for its price but those Sony presets don't let you see what you have or let you use it for color correction as is...

Any comments?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Henry

The MXO2 calibration utility exclusively calibrates the HDMI signal output coming from the MXO2. This calibration tool will ensure proper color adjustment and turn your HDTV via HDMI into a broadcast monitor.

Our recommendation : Calibrate your Sony HDTV to your visual standards and then use the MXO2's calibration tool to adjust the outputted signal.

Have a great day

JC
Customer Care Representative
Video Products Group
Corporate Headquarters
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam