Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mxo, viewing apply prores 422

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: mxo, viewing apply prores 422 Reply with quote

Will I be able to view RT playback of final cut pro 6 ProRes 422, and is the mxo leopard compatible? Question
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris, I’m assuming that you are enquiring about the Matrox MXO2, Since you are posting in this section of the forum...The MXO2 will Capture to a variety of codecs – Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD, and many more. The MXO2 will capture to any codec, which is supported by the QuickTime engine...It will input/output whatever your computer does in SD or HD - If the computer can play it in real-time, then the MXO2 will output it.

With regards to your other question; The MXO2 works in a Leopard OS. Now if you're referring to the MXO, then it's pretty much the same answers with regards to your questions, except that the MXO works in both Tiger and Leopard. Please check this PDF for the Product Selection Table, which points out the differences between the MXO2 and the MXO.

Thanks,
B.C.
zazu123
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same concern, I am using final cut pro studio and encoding RED R3D footage into apple prores 422 HQ files and un ables to get real time playback via my HD SDI...so many different option to playback, but have not pegged the right one.

I can playback on my mac book pro full screen real time no problem so what setting on my MXO would I need to work with? SOrry if this is the wrong place to post this question, I should move myself over to the MXO section?
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Your post has been moved to the MXO: software issues, where a Technical Support rep. will address your questions.

Thanks,
B.C.
Matrox_Support_Carlo
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi zazu123,

We have not done any tests with RED media, but the MXO isn't codec dependant. Therefore, depending on what the resolution you encoded the RED footage, use the appropriate/corresponding MXO setting. Although, the MXO is limited to 1080p... it cannot output RED's other resolutions of 2K/4K.

If you have any further inquiries/problems, try sending us a small sample of the RED media to mxosupport@matrox.com

Regards,
Carlo
houdinistudio
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carlo,

The problem I've found playing back RED footage transcoded to ProRes 720p24 has been the frame rate. The ProRes files are a true 24fps and not 23.98 so choosing the 23.98 MXO frame rate outputs don't work. 59.94 works for awhile and then stops working. I heard that the MXO2 will be able to play back 24fps. Is that true? Is there a way to play 24fps with the MXO? I'd really like to resolve this as I have several RED feature in the next year and so far I've been limited to viewing the footage through the Presentation Mode instead of the Mastering Mode.

Best regards,
Lee
Matrox_Support_Carlo
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi houdinistudio,

As Customer_Care_Bassel mentions, the MXO2 does not support "true" 24fps in the current release.
http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=1068&highlight=fps

I would recommend you to post this as a product feature enhancement via: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewforum.php?f=6

Regards,
Carlo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: