Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do I give up a monitor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Connison
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Do I give up a monitor? Reply with quote

I have always edited in a two-monitor configuration -- one for timeline and canvas and one for clips and bins and other stuff. Plus I have used an Aja I/O to a broadcast monitor for viewing.

If I use one DVI port for this, can I get another to continue to edit with two monitors?

I will be buying a new macpro.

Also when could I realistically get one of these?
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

With regards to your enquires, please note that the MXO will take over the second head only while monitoring / outputting, So in theory it's possible to edit and use the LCD attached to the MXO for clips and bins. Only when you are ready to playback and preview your work, would the MXO be switched to monitoring / outputting.

Some editors prefer to monitor continuously; so there are two solutions in this type of scenario:

• First solution: is to get a Matrox Dualhead2Go and attach it to the VGA card’s first Head. This will turn your VGA into a three headed VGA card. (i.e.: Two outputs from the Dualhead2Go are used for your user interface; and the MXO is connected to the free DVI from your VGA card.

• Second solution: is to get a second VGA card for your computer.

Please check this post (On the MXO forum), which shows the way customers would setup their MXO with the Matrox Dualhead2Go.

Please note that the MXO2 does not connect via DVI, it connects via PCIe in a workstation or via the Express34 slot on a notebook. The MXO2 does not take over any monitor during playback.

Matrox MXO2 will be available in July 2008 through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.

Thanks,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam