Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio Delay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eduserrano
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Audio Delay Reply with quote

I read in one of the threads below that there's a reported audio delay issue being worked on by the engineers. I just wanted to check if it is the same one I am observing.

I created some tone media (audio sine wave 1khz) using the audio tool and pasted in a new sequence with some filler in the middle of my timeline. I am observing around 15 frames of delay between my audio and my audio tool meter. And around 2 frames of delay from the audio mixer to the audio tool.

So when the audio mixer meter stops, 2 frames latter my audio tool meter stops and then 15 frames later my proper audio stops.

My video and audio on my hdmi monitor seems to be in sync.

Also, I am experiencing a huge delay when scrubbing. At first, I thought it was because of my avchd ama media, but then after transcoding it, I am still experiencing this. My video scrubs fine but my audio delays a lot. It sounds like something is being buffered into memory or whatever.

Anyway, I just wanted to check if this was already reported.

Thank you.

Eduardo.

PS: I have a 2010 8 core macpro, 14 gbs, a JOB of 3 tbs hds. MC 5.5 was playing really nicely before.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for detailed feedback. We have provided your audio delay information to our engineering department. As soon as we have any further updates concerning the audio delay issue, we will post back.

As for scrubbing responsiveness, you can try enabling the Fast Scrub option in Avid's Timeline Settings. This should improve the scrubbing responsiveness.

Hope this information has been helpful.
eduserrano
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that should be noted is that my computer video is in perfect sync with my monitor, which is quite an accomplishment from this driver. Congratulations on that.

The audio delay is a real problem when I am trying one of the audio RTAS plugins that have meters themselves. It's really hard to see whats going on in a EQ for example.

Thanks for your help and I am looking forward to hear from the engineers.

E.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update.

Have you tried the Fast Scrub setting for video/timeline scrubbing?
eduserrano
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fast Scrub option was already on and I was still getting this delay.

I tried turning it off, and I could see those "audio underun" errors on the canvas window.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We are aware of the audio delay within Avid MC6. As for audio underrun errors, this may be due to performance.
The Audio Underrun errors may just be a performance drop caused by the already known delays while editing within Avid.
See this post on Avid forum: http://community.avid.com/forums/t/93975.aspx
eduserrano
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just noticed there's a new version of MC 6.0.1 on avid's download center.

Is this version going to fix the problems we have been getting with the Matrox? Or at least, open some doors for your engineering dept to fix it?

By the way, I noticed the lag is omnipresent when in trim mode.

Thanks again.

Ed.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

Our engineering department is currently investigating the audio delay and trim mode sluggishness issue with Avid, and is not addressed with Avid's 6.0.1 update.

We are currently running tests with Avid MC 6.0.1 and MXO2 3.0 software and will notify users once these tests have passed, so users can then update their Avid MC software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: