Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monitoring DV footage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagleburger
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Monitoring DV footage Reply with quote

I have DV sequence in MC6. The output sent to my HD external monitor (via component) has been scaled up, and as such is quite pixelated. I don't seem to have an 'actual zixe' option on my external screen (Dell U2410), so could you please confirm which settings / connections I should change to make sure the DV footage is not upscaled - if this is possible?

I tried using a composite cable, but this didn't make any difference.

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=294438&~ck=baynoteSearch&baynote_bnrank=14&baynote_irrank=0&SMCID=62001217&CAWELAID=1066448418&dgc=SS&cid=41147&lid=1069636&acd=23975883824506361

Thanks very much

Julian
Eagleburger
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. Would Matrox Support please chime in here?

Thanks very much

Julian
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eagleburger,

To confirm, is your Main Output Video Format for DV sequence set to SD (NTSC or PAL) as well?
Have you tried HDMI output? Does the same behavior occur?

The Dell monitor menu settings should have a Wide Mode option in the Display Settings which has an option for image ratio as 1:1, Aspect or Full screen. You should set it to 1:1 to display the actual size of the DV image. Here is the Dell User Guide for more information: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/MONITORS/U2410/en/ug/operate.htm#
Click the Using the On-Screen Display (OSD) Menu header for menu settings.

Please let us know if this helps.
Eagleburger
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for coming back to me Sam. In Component mode I don't get the 1:1 option (see below) - but I do in HDMI. So all fixed now!

Component input Wide Mode aspect ratio options - The availability depends on your resolution. If I am in prime mode 1920x1200, there are no choices available. If I am in 1280x1024, then I get the choice of 1:1, Aspect, or Fill. According to this forum, the U2410 has 16:9 and 4:3 display modes with the Component connection
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear! Glad this is working for you now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: