Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox Mini MXO2, Lion 10.7.2 and AVID Media Composer 5.5.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ginuz
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Matrox Mini MXO2, Lion 10.7.2 and AVID Media Composer 5.5.3 Reply with quote

Hi,
I am struggling to make my brand new AVID MC5.5, purchased in september, functioning with my beloved Matrox Mini MXO2.
I tried EVERY possible combination of drivers when I had Snow Leopard but it seems I had the wrong system version, 10.6.8 instead of tested 10.6.7. I tried almost every driver but nothing... my monitor stayed still black.

Now I read that with Lion Matrox did some compatible drivers... I thinked about it a bit... I figured out that maybe within a year I could upgrade AVID to the second release of MC6 (I never get the first by experience)... and so I upgraded to Lion. And guess what? I discover now that I upgraded to a brand new 10.7.2 and Matrox support MC5 only until 10.7.1...

I am really disappointed... I cannot believe this is happening... Sad
(even because my AVID MC didn't recognize the computer so I had to call the service center to free the licence so I could reactivate it... and after all this... surprise!)

PLEASE MATROX: develop a driver that let the MXO2 MINI to function properly with AVID MC 5.5.3!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :*(
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ginuz.

Actually, we do officially support Avid 5.5.3 with MAC OSX 10.7.2 using Matrox 2.3.3.0016

Please see our download section: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/downloads/

Note that the following line was added: Now also supports Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 and Adobe Premiere Pro 5.5.2.

Just for reference, although we officially support Avid 5.5.2 with OSX 10.6.7 using Matrox driver 2.2.3.0043, there were no problems with using 10.6.8.

So now that you have 10.7.2, please install Matrox 2.3.3.0016.

Then, start a new project in Avid and select a Matrox-supported sequence format (see our Avid user guide for a complete list of supported formats). Then configure your Matrox preferences according to your needs (this will depend on your connection type and the specific monitor you are using) and test playback. If you still have problems, please reply back to this thread with the following details:

Avid project format:
Output monitor brand and model:
connection type:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: