Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5.1 surround sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Wall
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: 5.1 surround sound Reply with quote

Will Mojito support 5.1 audio?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello James and thank you for your interests in Matrox products. The Matrox Mojito Max can capture SDI embedded audio (16 channels on Mac, 8 channels on PC), also 8 channels of embedded audio through HDMI. It can also out put the same audio. For 5.1 Direct surround sound monitoring you will need to use the Matrox MXO2 or the Matrox MXO2 Rack (the Rack also does 7.1).

regards,

JD
Customer Care
James Wall
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: 5.1 surround sound Reply with quote

I just need to monitor 5.1 output, can I not just use a 5.1 capable home theatre receiver with HDMI inputs?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello James and thank you for your continued interests in Matrox products. Can you let me know what Platform you will be working on, as well as which OS and software so we can test it here? Some applications allow you to map the Embedded audio tracks so there is not a clear yes/no answer to your question.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello James and thank you for your continued interests in Matrox products. The Matrox Mojito MAX gives you a full range of professional audio and video inputs and outputs, genlock, RS-422 machine control and 5.1/7.1 surround sound monitoring on the HDMI output. http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mojito_max/

regards,

JD
Customer Care
James Wall
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: 5.1 surround sound Reply with quote

I researched a little more and purchased the MXO2 LE with MAX. According to the installation guide, I can connect the HDMI output to a home theatre receiver to monitor 5.1 audio (see page 35). Thank you for your help.
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your MXO2 LE sir and have a great day.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam