Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

poor playback using MC6 & mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdepalma
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: poor playback using MC6 & mini Reply with quote

I am experiencing slightly choppy playback on my composer system monitor with mini in the playback chain. Output to broadcast monitor is fine but playback within media composer on my computer monitor is not smooth. I am using a Nvidia Quadro 4000 graphics card, 2x2.66 6 core mac, 26 GB ram. System should handle this with no problem but when the mini is in the mix playback is not smooth. Same experience with PPro 5.5 with your previous software. Smooth to monitor, choppy on computer screen. FCP is fine on your previous software, by the way. Any thoughts?
thanks
Bill
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

Can you confirm your MXO2 driver version?
To confirm, when un-installing the MXO2 software and hardware, the computer monitor preview is fine?

What format/frame rate is your project and clips?
What type of Video Quality is set for Playback? green/green, yellow/green, yellow/yellow?
Can you try switching Playback quality?

What are your system specs?
Are you running certified system with certified drivers for graphic card?
Here is a list of Matrox certified Avid systems: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/mac/mxo2/system/computers/3.0/
bdepalma
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I am using v.3 software required for MC6 playback. I am working on a Certified system with a certified graphics card. The issue I see I think has nothing do with Matrox but a bug in MC6. Howver, it would be GREAT if you could update your software to include both MC6 and FCP and Adobe. I have now downgraded MC6 to 5.5.3 just get usage of the Matrox across all three.
WAITING
Thanks
Bill
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, tech support does not have this information available regarding support multiple NLEs within one driver. However, as soon as we have any updates we will inform our users.

You can post in Product feature section to similar posts like this: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=7125

The Product Feature and Enhancement section is monitored by our Product Managers.
d_di_francesco
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Choppy playback in Green/Green mode Reply with quote

I'm also having problems running DnX36 media (haven't tried with other codecs) if the MC is set to playback in Green/Green quality mode. I get a jerk on the first frame of playback, and then it plays fine. This happens every time I start a playback. If I run in yellow/green mode, no problems.

Its not corrupted render files, not a drive speed issue, running v.3 of MXO2 software, as indicated. Running on a 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro and OS 10.7.2.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get the choppy playback on external output and in the Avid program window?
This specific user's post states he does not get jerky playback on the external output but only within Avid.
Have you removed Matrox software and tried the same settings?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: