Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

no output on AVID MC 5.5.2, MacOsX .6.8 and driver2.2.3.0043

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ginuz
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: no output on AVID MC 5.5.2, MacOsX .6.8 and driver2.2.3.0043 Reply with quote

Hi,
I used my matrox mini without any problem with Final Cut Pro 7. I decided to buy AVID MC after an evaluation of the FCPX situation and I cannot get any output signal from Media Composer.
I run a MacOsX 10.6.8, I am using diver 2.2.3.0043 for the Matrox (on matrox' site it's indicated as the right driver for MC 5.5.2) and have a pristine new copy of Avid Media Composer 5.5.2... I am becoming crazy with this! what to do? any suggestion?

appreciate,
best regards,

ginuz
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Sorry for the late reply.

Please verify the supported video output formats (page 10) in our Avid documentation available on our download site. Also, verify if your specific format is available with your connection type (page 11).

Which specific format and frame rate are you trying to output?

Also, verify that you see 'MXO2' in the box near your Avid logo in your Avid timeline. If the button displays '1394', then click on it and it should change to MXO2 (as long as you are working in a supported video output format).

Let us know if this helps or if you have additional questions. For urgent requests, please call us by phone.
ginuz
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Joe wrote:

Hi, I am trying to output 1920x1080 25p

Also, verify that you see 'MXO2' in the box near your Avid logo in your Avid timeline. If the button displays '1394', then click on it and it should change to MXO2 (as long as you are working in a supported video output format).

Yes I see it! but it doesn't function.

Let us know if this helps or if you have additional questions. For urgent requests, please call us by phone.

thanks for replying. I will try to reinstall OSX and drivers on a clean install.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ginuz wrote:

Hi, I am trying to output 1920x1080 25p

Yes I see it! but it doesn't function.

thanks for replying. I will try to reinstall OSX and drivers on a clean install.

Before you take this drastic step of reinstalling your entire OSX, can you call us so we can look at your system setup through remote session. The problem may be something we can resolve without having to re-install.
ginuz
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: avid upgraded Reply with quote

Hi,
I upgraded now AVID MC to version 5.5.3 and downgraded Matrox driver to 2.2.3.0043 as I read on some forum. Now the only thing out of business should be my OSX system...

Now when I click on MXO2 button on AVID I can hear the sound through the mini outputs but still no video.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: avid upgraded Reply with quote

ginuz wrote:
Hi,
I upgraded now AVID MC to version 5.5.3 and downgraded Matrox driver to 2.2.3.0043 as I read on some forum. Now the only thing out of business should be my OSX system...

Now when I click on MXO2 button on AVID I can hear the sound through the mini outputs but still no video.

Are you still using 10.6.8?

Why do you say you 'downgraded' to Matrox 2.2.3 when you wrote (in your 1st post) that you were already using 2.2.3?

What is the video format you are working with? How are your video output settings configured (in Matrox preferences)?
ginuz
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,
I am stll using 10.6.8
I downgraded matrox drivers because I tried 2.3.3.
I am working on 1920x1080 25p. In video output I have 1920x1080 25fps (I tryed also the 25p). The strange thing is that now even final cut doesn't function anymore. I see the output on matrox with AFter Effects, with matrox player but not anymore with fcp and avid (which actually never functioned).
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a test, can you try FCP and switch between 1920x1080 25p and 1920x1080 25psf video output settings?

After setting the video output setting, always verify that you have set the external video option to 'all frames'.

Which of these 2 formats work (if any)?

Also, verify that your Matrox preferences Video Output configuration is set to 'follow application'.
leftylee
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

I get audio but no video. Worked flawlessly under Media Composer 5.0.3 but is broken under 5.5.3 mac os 10.6.8
nigelsmith
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
This is the same issue I have described on this thread:
http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=6019

It is a problem for those of us that use 25p, as very few monitors can display it [because it is not a supported Blu-ray format].
When Avid and MX02 offered us PsF output we were fine. Since the output was "upgraded" to give true P output we have had this problem.
You can check by running the "Togglepsf true" command from the console while your avid is open. This will temporarily enable PsF output.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nigelsmith wrote:
Hi

It is a problem for those of us that use 25p, as very few monitors can display it [because it is not a supported Blu-ray format].
When Avid and MX02 offered us PsF output we were fine. Since the output was "upgraded" to give true P output we have had this problem.
You can check by running the "Togglepsf true" command from the console while your avid is open. This will temporarily enable PsF output.

Thanks Nigel, this is exactly why I was asking to test in FCP using both the true p and psf output.

Leftylee, please let us know the result of that test and if the 'togglepsf true' command in Avid resolves the original issue.
ginuz
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nigelsmith wrote:
Hi

Thanks Nigel, this is exactly why I was asking to test in FCP using both the true p and psf output.

Leftylee, please let us know the result of that test and if the 'togglepsf true' command in Avid resolves the original issue.

HAYYYY!!!! I read it only now, sorry! It Functions!!!!!!! Smile THANK YOUUUUU!!!!
I am the happiest man on earth right now!
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear the good news Smile
ginuz
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear the good news Smile

thanks a lot! really
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. I'll lock this thread but feel free to start a new thread if you have any other questions.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: