Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is MXO2 supports 24p playback with MC 5.0.3 or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tchenss
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Is MXO2 supports 24p playback with MC 5.0.3 or not? Reply with quote

I just started editing a movie shot in 24p. I went and bought the Matrox MXO2 Mini but it's not unable to playback in 24p. I spent a lot of time going through the forums but still don't have a clear answer or solution to that problem.

So is possible to playback 24p with MC 5.0.3? Is there any Matrox plug-in for 24p or whatever solutions? I can't loose anymore time for research on this, I have a film to cut, you know what it is. And Matrox phone support is closed on weekends.

I'm quite disapointed about the device. I may return it and buy another brand that works fine.

I'M on Mac OSX 10.6.8. and want a full screen playback (3rd monitor) on a HD1080i Samsung TV.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

With Avid 5.0.3, you need to be using the Matrox 2.1 driver.

With this driver release, 1080p 24 is supported as an Avid project format. However, the output will be as follows depending on how you configure the video output format in the Matrox app:

Follow Application: 1080PsF @ 23.976 fps (through Component ONLY)
720p: 720p @ 59.94 fps (through HDMI & Component)
1080: 1080i @ 29.97 fps (through HDMI & Component)

Therefore, please first connect the MXO2 to the monitor using Component and set the video output format to 'follow application'. If this does not output video while in Matrox mode in Avid, then please change the video output format to '1080' (in the Matrox prefs) to test whether the monitor supports 1080i 29.97. You can also test with '720'.

(see pages 9 & 10 of the Matrox driver 2.1 Avid user guide)

If upgrading to Avid 5.5.1 is an option, note that the support level adds new resolutions. Please see this link for more details: http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=366347&NewLang=en#a6 For a list of supported video formats and connections, see pages 10 and 11 of the Matrox 2.2.3 Avid user guide.
bberdan
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Audio Dropouts in 24p Reply with quote

I'm in a 1080-24p project and get short audio dropouts roughly every minute (not exactly on the minute). I'm using the 2.1 driver and monitoring audio via the analog outputs and video via HDMI. Picture plays fine. Avid version is 5.0.3.9

Anyone else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: