Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I monitor 3D material on my 2D monitor full frame?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudshark73
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Can I monitor 3D material on my 2D monitor full frame? Reply with quote

I'm editing a trailer for a film with 3D footage. The material I've been given is side by side. I was able to change my composer settings to view the material full frame in my source and record monitors, but haven't been able to do so with my external monitors - an SD broadcast monitor (via S-Video) and a 26" LCD (via HDMI). I think I've tried all of the combinations in the Matrox control panel, but can't get either monitor to display the footage full frame - just side by side.

Can full frame monitoring of 3D footage be done with the MX02 mini and MC 5.5.2 on a MacPro?

thanks for any advice,
Keith
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,

We do not officially support Avid 3D workflow (MAC or PC) with the MXO2 product. This workflow has not been validated or tested with MXO2 using Avid. However, the MXO2 automatically sets the correct flags within the HDMI signal ("side-by-side" or "over/under" (top/bottom)) and allows you to output 2D and 3D to your TV. Although, the files need to be muxed beforehand, in order for the MXO2 to output the HDMI signal in 3D.

Some users have reported working with Adobe CS5 on the PC and Cineform FirstLight, which can mux the files and allow users to output via MXO2's HDMI signal.
For more information, see our Product page for workflows here: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mac/mxo2_family/3d_workflows/

Hope this information helps.
You can also post in General Discussion section for additional user feedback concerning your specific workflow setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: