Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MX02 mini Blue Only on calibration not working......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pt user
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: MX02 mini Blue Only on calibration not working...... Reply with quote

Just got my mxo2 mini today. Tried to calibrate and when I tick blue only it doesn't go blue?

Im using hdmi out. Im on Mac Pro with Media Composer 5.5.2. I downloaded the software from matroxs site today so it must be current

David
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the exact Matrox software version that you are using? You can find it in the Matrox preferences (Info tab).

Avid MC 5.5.2 is not tested. We have a Avid 5.5.1-validated driver. The version is 2.2.0.0028. If you also use Final Cut Pro or Adobe software, then you can even install the newer releases as the Avid component is unchanged from 2.2.0. Therefore, if you wish to use both Avid 5.5.1 and CS5.5, then you can install the latest driver (2.2.3).
pt user
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded 22.0 0028 - the only one that has (avid support only) on it in the downloads section
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that is the correct version.

On which screen of the calibration process are you ticking on 'blue'?
pt user
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not sure I understand the question. There is only one screen in the matrox output page for calibration. I loaded the appropriate test pattern from your utility. I tried other resolutions too but there is no difference. If I select blue only check box - it doesn't display blue. All other sliders are functioning

Are you suggesting I stick with this software version of your utility or should I move up?
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok sorry, I see that the 2.2.0 driver still uses the old calibration method. How are you connected to your monitor? Note that only HDMI is supported for calibration.

We would highly recommend you uninstall 2.2.0 and install 2.2.3. The Avid support remains unchanged (supports Avid MC 5.5.1) but you gain the functionality of the new & much improved HDMI calibration utility. Please see our user guide for more information on how to start the utility. The process is explained in a very detailed manner in the utility itself as well.
pt user
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Following a chat with your UK office, I have loaded the next version up from the one I had. This has the new calibration utility, however I have calibrated three times with different avid file formats in session so it defaults to the format, and the results are dreadful. I feel sure I must be doing something wrong. I've tried 486@60 and 1080i . The results are really out of whack and extreme. really oversaturated and unnatural. Im using the hdmi output. Im not sure if its my monitor (which I bought yesterday in a hurry) or the utility.
The monitor is fine if I set up levels myself to taste, but of course thats not calibrated.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be sure to set your monitor to default settings before running the calibration utility. Also, the backlight setting should be set to mid level. Note that the calibration utility works best with lcd screen with 1:1 pixel mapping. Is this your type of monitor? What is the exact brand and model of your monitor?
pt user
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
My monitor is Logik L22dvdb11. Its an HD 1080p TV. Its not a premium monitor. I bought it as I wanted to simulate the average LCD TV in the real world. Im not sure about the 1:1 pixel mapping. Its not mentioned in the instructions. There is a setting called "dot to dot" when I activate this the screen size becomes very small indeed.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dot to Dot should mean 1:1 pixel mapping. So verify that this setting is enabled before running the utility.

If you still can't get the calibration to look good, then we'll have to see if we can find out why your monitor does not react well with the calibration process. Do you have another monitor to test with?
pt user
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have just replaced this monitor. I will try today with the new one and report back. Thank you
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok will look for your results after trying the new monitor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: