Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FCP 7 compatibile version with Mac )S 10.6.7 and MXO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Llewellyn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: FCP 7 compatibile version with Mac )S 10.6.7 and MXO Reply with quote

What are the official versions I need to use to make the MXO work correctly?
I am currently running:
FCP 7.03
Mac OS 10.6.7
Running on a MacBook Pro 2.6gHz with Geforce 8600M GT
23 in Cinema Display
I have tried both 2.1.8 and 2.1.9 and neither work. I can calibrate the display with either version, but in both versions the first frame displays and freezes. I think both the second display and FCP's canvas displays freeze. I have mirror displays in FCP disabled.

I have tried uninstalling both FCS 3 (all) and the MXO software, but that didn't fix it.

Your system configuration guide doesn't address 10.6 with my MBP. Please let me know what MXO configuration I should be using and I will perform so more troubleshooting.

Thanks
Rick
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rick,

The Matrox 2.1.9 driver should be correct for your Mac.

Please confirm the MXO is connected directly to your Mac via USB, and not via a USB hub.

I would uninstall our driver, disconnet the MXO, see if there are operating system updates for the Nvidia card and install them if there is.

Download and run preference manager and clear your final cut preference files.

Then redownload and install the MXO driver, with the MXO hardware connected. When complete, power down the Mac, remove the MXO power cable for 10 seconds, then reseat the power cable and turn on the Mac.

Go to system preferences, under matrox and confirm the MXO s/n# shows up. Go to display and confirm your primary display is setup and the display which is actually the MXO unit, is setup.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/ - link to preference manager application.

Regards
Vic
Tech support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: