Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three questions on the MX02 LE and upgrading from an AXIO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Three questions on the MX02 LE and upgrading from an AXIO Reply with quote

1. Does the MX02 LE output both SD (composite) and HD (HDMI) video at the same time when palying from the Premiere timeline?

2. Will the product support the playback of AVCHD, XDCAM HD and HDV files on the same timeline in realtime with no rendering?

3. I currenlty use an AXIO with CS4 and would like to know if the computer I use for this is going to be good enough, or do I need to invest in another machine? I have:

Tyan Thunder S2895 Motherboard
2* Dual Core AMD Opteron 270 2.1GHZ
8 GB Crucial ECC RAM
ATI Radeon X1900
G-Tech G-Raid E-Sata HDDs

Adobe have told me my motherboard isn't very good with CS5 and I should go for an Intel I7 motherboard, and I should also have a supported NVIDIA Cuda card, but will I need this if I go for the MX02 LE?

Thanks, Peter
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Three questions on the MX02 LE and upgrading from an AXI Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

The analog and digital outputs of MXO2 are independent, so the HDMI or HD-SDI output could offer the HD signal, while the analog outputs are set to downconvert to anamorphic or letterboxed NTSC.

You can mix formats on the timeline, no render, this is a strength of CS5. One could already mix HDV and XDCAM with older Matrox hardware, but AVCHD support is newer with CS5 now.

You will want a new computer. CS5 will be crippled on the older machine, if in fact it would even accept Windows 7 64-bit at all. Plus you'd need a new graphics card anyway. And, AVHCD takes some horsepower for playback.

A Core i7 machine will do nicely and make sure to use an approved Nvidia display card like the GTX 470/570, or Quadro 4000. This makes all the difference with CS5, otherwise you lose a LOT of realtime power.

Safe Harbor does offer custom PC workstations, ready-to-edit with CS5 and MXO2 installed/tested. Please let me know if interested in options/pricing. We also include a free MXO2 tutorial with MXO2 purchase.

Please note that with CS5, Matrox no longer offers the GPU effects, as Adobe has taken over using the GPU for its own Mercury Playback Engine which provides many realtime features in Premiere. You will still have Matrox Color Correction, Keying, and Wipes, along with realtime hardware up/down/cross convert on capture and playback.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera
sharbor.com

Peter wrote:
1. Does the MX02 LE output both SD (composite) and HD (HDMI) video at the same time when palying from the Premiere timeline?

2. Will the product support the playback of AVCHD, XDCAM HD and HDV files on the same timeline in realtime with no rendering?

3. I currenlty use an AXIO with CS4 and would like to know if the computer I use for this is going to be good enough, or do I need to invest in another machine? I have:

Tyan Thunder S2895 Motherboard
2* Dual Core AMD Opteron 270 2.1GHZ
8 GB Crucial ECC RAM
ATI Radeon X1900
G-Tech G-Raid E-Sata HDDs

Adobe have told me my motherboard isn't very good with CS5 and I should go for an Intel I7 motherboard, and I should also have a supported NVIDIA Cuda card, but will I need this if I go for the MX02 LE?

Thanks, Peter
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Jeff,

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam