Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D Monitoring on Location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motionmanager
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: 3D Monitoring on Location Reply with quote

Hello!

I found this article on your website:

http://www.matrox.com/video/de/products/mac/mxo2_family/3d_workflows/#close

1) What is a video muxer in workflow 1 (Monitoring on location?)

2) Does Workflow 3 work with MATROX MXO LE MAX?

THANK YOU CHRIS
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chris and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. There are many 3D muxers out there on the market that can accomplish this ranging in price from $500 to $5000. Basically you would just need a muxer that will take in the separate left and right signals from the camera and mux them into a single Left-Right SDI or HDMI signal that can then be sent to the MXO2. We have not found a muxer that can do this and that does not work in our workflow. We have not tested every muxer out there though. It is a pretty stand workflow to get two feeds into one signal.

To Answer your second question, the third workflow on this page is the only one that works with the Matrox MXO2 mini. It also works with the MXO2 LE, the MXO2 and the MXO2 Rack.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
motionmanager
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Timeline Reply with quote

Thank you for your fast awnser!

If I use workflow 3 with MATROX MXO 2 LE MAX what Timeline Settings do you recomend?

Usually I would have to choose the Codec from Dashwood?
Does it then work with Matrox?

Do you have some detailed information how this workflow works?

Thank you Chris
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chris and thank you for your continued interest in Matrox products. This question is a little outside of my scope of expertise, I will forward your question to our product manager and our engineers. I will get you an answer shortly.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chris and thank you for your continued interest in Matrox products. The timeline settings you use depends entirely on the type of footage you are using. Typically you should match the resolution and framerate of the footage to what you are using. An example would be ProRes HQ at 1080p 23.98. As long as the codec is installed on the system the Dashwood plug-ins should work fine with it. If you want a detailed description of how the Dashwood plug-ins work, I would invite you to take a look at their website here at:

http://www.noiseindustries.com/dashwood/

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam