Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio dropouts- one or two frames long

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bberdan
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Audio dropouts- one or two frames long Reply with quote

I have a sequence in MC 5.0.3.5 running at 24fps... I'm told this is not supported, but perhaps works because I'm using an LCD projector which may be more 'forgiving' of 24psf frames. Who knows. But I do have occasional short audio dropouts... random, every 20-50 seconds. So not consistent as if it were fighting to stay in sync.
All audio and video effects are rendered. Not super complicated stuff on a machine with 10 gigs ram.

Anybody else hearing this?

Thanks
Brian
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get this audio dropout only with one specific resolution/frame rate? What is the full resolution you are outputting?

You probably have already seen this but if not, please look at the supported list of resolutions/frame rates: http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=366347#a6
vertigo_films
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We are having the same problem. Also our audio is drifting in and out of sync. I don't know if these problems are related but disconnecting the matrox fixes both issues.

We are in a 1080P 24f project. We have two video outputs into the same monitor which we switch between for 2D/3D playback. One is DVI - HDMI from the graphics card, the other is HDMI from the matrox. We get the same issue on both outputs. The sound is coming from the Matrox.

Cheers,

Tom
bberdan
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My previous post was with 2.0 driver. I've upgraded to 2.1 driver and still the same dropouts. I'm in a 1080-24p project and get short audio dropouts roughly every minute (not exactly on the minute). I'm monitoring audio via the analog outputs and video via HDMI. Picture plays fine. Avid version is 5.0.3.9
bberdan
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: bump... Reply with quote

Has anyone who has this audio dropout issue found a solution?

Again- Avid 5.0.3.9, 1080 24p project. Matrox 2.1 driver. OS 10.6.4 Monitoring audio via Matrox RCA outs. very short dropouts approximately every minute.

thanks
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: bump... Reply with quote

bberdan wrote:
Has anyone who has this audio dropout issue found a solution?

Again- Avid 5.0.3.9, 1080 24p project. Matrox 2.1 driver. OS 10.6.4 Monitoring audio via Matrox RCA outs. very short dropouts approximately every minute.

thanks

Do you get the audio dropout with other formats as well?

Is Matrox set as the default audio output device in System Preferences? If so, please change it to any option other than Matrox.
bberdan
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't haven't played it with any other formats (and my system is now in storage) but I didn't have Matrox selected for any system sounds, etc. And to be sure, I played audio using just the Mac audio and it played fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: