Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

not recognizing MXO2 mini, no light, no nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyboy75 wrote:
Does the MXO2 Mini even work on the Mac 2 x 2.93 Ghz 6 Core? Just had a replacement and still not working.

Thanks

The MXO2 line of products requirements are: Intel-based Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iMac, or Apple Xserve.

Is the LED off, pulsing, or solid ON?

If you are not getting the led to turn on (and therefore not getting MXO2 detection), please double-check the troubleshooting steps posted earlier in this thread. In particular, the host cable connection must be verified. Is the B label of the connector facing upwards on both the MXO2 and PCI adapter?
pollodiantres
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: three years, almost Reply with quote

I had the MXO2 mini for more than three years, and after I have issues with two faulty boxes (see March 2011 post) I was able to use one with no major issues for almost three years. Then yesterday I decided to upgrade to Mavericks 10.9.4.

After installing the proper software 4.2.0.0006 and upgrading the firmware, the box stopped working.
Again, no light and not recognised under system profiler. Did all the steps, cable checking, but to no avail.

I don't know if the MXO2 is under any kind of warranty, or after three years it's supposed to stop working.

saludos
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see your email inbox for a hardware troubleshooting guide. It sounds like one of your connections was not connected solidly, causing the issue. We will look for your email reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: