Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

not recognizing MXO2 mini, no light, no nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollodiantres wrote:
I have the same problem. The light is off. I did everything suggested here but to no avail. On the system profiler there's no card detected.
I live in Chile.
How can I get a new card?

I've sent you an email and created a case. Verify your email and we'll proceed from there. Thank you.
chaytor
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: MXO2 Mini PCIe not recognised Reply with quote

Another addition to this thread. i have followed all steps above, and nothing makes my Mac Pro running 10.6.7 recognise the host card. i've tried 2.2.1 and 1.9.2 drivers to no avail. my red led lights up when both power and host cables are attached, no pins appear to be bent, buts it's a no go in system profiler and in the prefernces pane. i took proper anti-static precautions whilst installing.

my supplier (Siren Technology Ltd) has issued me with their own RMA number and is happy to exchange the whole unit, but this could take anything up to a week and i really wanted to complete a job this weekend with the device. can matrox provide me with a new host card before this? (presumably this would involve dispatching before receiving the failed card)

serial number as registered for driver download.

if there is some quality control issue with these host cards perhaps matrox could inform us as to which manufacturing dates were affected, and maybe even provide some sort of compensation for lost time?... (i'm thinking perhaps a complimentary expresscard adapter).

regards, dan.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: MXO2 Mini PCIe not recognised Reply with quote

chaytor wrote:
Another addition to this thread. i have followed all steps above, and nothing makes my Mac Pro running 10.6.7 recognise the host card. i've tried 2.2.1 and 1.9.2 drivers to no avail. my red led lights up when both power and host cables are attached, no pins appear to be bent, buts it's a no go in system profiler and in the prefernces pane. i took proper anti-static precautions whilst installing.

my supplier (Siren Technology Ltd) has issued me with their own RMA number and is happy to exchange the whole unit, but this could take anything up to a week and i really wanted to complete a job this weekend with the device. can matrox provide me with a new host card before this? (presumably this would involve dispatching before receiving the failed card)

serial number as registered for driver download.

if there is some quality control issue with these host cards perhaps matrox could inform us as to which manufacturing dates were affected, and maybe even provide some sort of compensation for lost time?... (i'm thinking perhaps a complimentary expresscard adapter).

regards, dan.

Dan,

How long have you had the MXO2 Mini? Are you using a MAC desktop or laptop?

If using a desktop system, then please power down the MAC (and remove the power cable) and then remove the Matrox pci-express card and either re-seat it or install it in a different slot (if available).

If using a MBP, try removing and re-inserting the express34 adapter.

Also, reverse the host cable ends (making sure to always install it in the proper orientation). When making the host cable connections, first pull out the thumb screws back, then insert the connector, and then finally tighten the screws.

Power on your MAC, check your system profiler. Let me know if you see 'other multimedia' in the PCI cards section.

If you wish to proceed with an RMA with us directly, we can set that up. The RMA dept is currently closed for the day but we can set this up tomorrow and set it to urgent. RMA will inform you as to expected time of delivery.

I'll look for the result of your test and we'll follow up on Friday.
buster
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm jumping in here with the same issue. I've read the thread and tried all the suggestions and nothing has worked.

I have a Mac Pro v10.6.7, and a brand new Matrox MX02 mini with max + supplied PCI card...and they don't get on at all!

I have inserted the card into each available slot - the computer doesn't see it. Checked all connectors on the host cable - all good. Switched ends, downloaded software, read various guides and spoken kindly to all equipment the whole time. But no joy.

The Matrox does appear in System Preferences but if I open it it says no hardware found. Which makes sense if the computer isn't even recognising the PCI card. Also, there has never been any lights of any colour on the Matrox during all this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dana
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dana,

If you are not seeing a 'other multimedia' device with the MXO2 connected via the host cable to the PCI card, then we'll issue an RMA. I have a created a tech support case (99678) and will email you shortly.
jonnyboy75
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: I too have no Blue Light Reply with quote

I have tried the card in all PCI slots, have checked the leads and the pins. Nothing.

It worked fine in my Mac Pro before, just bought a new one and it won't work at all on this?
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyboy75,

Does the Matrox MXO2 still work if you connect it to the older MBP?
jonnyboy75
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fired up the old Mac Pro (it's not a macbook, it's the tower) and nothing. Doesn't read the PCI card. Was working fine 2 or 3 months ago. The box has no blue light when plugged in either.
unobjet
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar issue. Everything was working great, then I upgraded my Mac OS from 10.6.1 to 10.6.8.

Now, I just get a slow blinking blue light on my MXO2Mini. No recognition in system profiler. I tried reseating the PCI-e in every slot on my MacPro, swapping cable ends, updating EFI firmware, and everything else I could find on the forum.

Does the slow blinking suggest some problem other than a hardware failure? Or will I have to send it back for repair?
jonnyboy75
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you can help me out here asap? Got a massive deadline coming up, the kind of job I bought the Matrox for!
jonnyboy75
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that's a no then? Great work customer support.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we have multiple users contributing to this thread, here is the procedure for both MAC desktop and laptop systems. If you feel you've gone through these steps properly, the next step would be to try on a different MAC system. If this is not possible or you get the same result, then we recommend to rma all parts (MXO2 main box, host cable, power supply, PCI adapter card( s )).

MAC - MXO2 Not Detected Troubleshooting steps:

Desktop:

Power off both MAC and MXO2 and disconnect all cables to the MXO2.

Re-seat the PCI-express card in the MAC. You can also try other available PCI-e slots. Make sure that the card is seated fully and that you secure it with a screw or case retention mechanism.

Inspect host cable connectors for broken pins. If no defect is visible, re-connect it in the proper orientation but swap the ends. In other words, the connector that was currently connected to the MAC should now go connected to the MXO2, and vice versa for the other connector.

When inserting the host cable on both the PCI card and MXO2, first pull back the retention screw arms back. This is to ensure that the screws do not inhibit the connector from being inserted fully.

Once inserted, tighten the retention screws.

Re-connect A/C power to the MXO2 (maybe try a different wall socket/power bar/outlet).

Power on the MAC, verify if the Blue or Red light is ON.

Run a MAC software update. Apply any EFI Firmware Updates.

Check MAC System Profiler -> Hardware -> PCI cards. If there is a 'other multimedia' device listed, then proceed to download and install the Matrox driver.

Laptop:

Power off both MAC and MXO2.

Remove PCI express/34 card from the MAC. Disconnect all cables to the MXO2 and remove host cable on both MAC and MXO2.

Inspect host cable connectors for broken pins. If no defect is visible, re-connect it in the proper orientation but swap the ends. In other words, the connector that was currently connected to the MAC should now go connected to the MXO2, and vice versa for the other connector.

When inserting the host cable on both the PCI card and MXO2, first pull back the retention screw arms back. This is to ensure that the screws do not inhibit the connector from being inserted fully.

Once inserted, tighten the retention screws.

Re-insert PCI express/34 card in the MAC.

Re-connect A/C power to the MXO2 (maybe try a different wall socket/power bar/outlet).

Power on the MAC, verify if the Blue or Red light is ON.

Run a MAC software update. Apply any EFI Firmware Updates.

Check MAC System Profiler -> Hardware -> PCI cards. If there is a 'other multimedia' device listed, then proceed to download and install the Matrox driver.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyboy75 wrote:
Any chance you can help me out here asap? Got a massive deadline coming up, the kind of job I bought the Matrox for!

I've created a tech support case for your issue. The case number is 100094. I will need the serial number of the MXO2 PCI adapter card. You can send it by private message. Once received, the RMA request will be sent to our RMA department. They will guide you through the rest of the process. Please be sure to confirm your address with them.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all users with hardware detection problems: please call us for urgent requests. If you require an rma, we will need both the s/n of the MXO2 main box and the PCI adapter(s).

Tech Support contact info:

1-866-270-4641 (USA and Canada)
(514)-822-6030 (outside USA and Canada)

Our lines are open from 9am to 5pm EDT Mon-Fri
jonnyboy75
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the MXO2 Mini even work on the Mac 2 x 2.93 Ghz 6 Core? Just had a replacement and still not working.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: