Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a Live Capture Device with the intent of DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Segallb
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Looking for a Live Capture Device with the intent of DVD Reply with quote

Hello,

I am very soon to purchase either the Matrox MXO2 or the AJA IoHD.

If I can briefly explain my workflow, hopefully you can give some assistance as to which product better suites my needs. If the Matrox, in which codec should I capture.

I am planning on capturing upwards of 300 3-minute segments live with graphic overlays through BoinxTV. This segments have the sole purpose of being burned to DVD as soon as possible taking quality into the upmost consideration.

Could you please inform me whether or not the Matrox MXO2 is suitable for my needs as a live capture device and if so please give me a brief explanation of the workflow including suggested connections from a camera into the Matrox as well as the codecs I should capture.

Thank you so much for your time.
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Segallb and thank you for your interest in Matrox Products. There is a Using BoinxTV with Matrox MXO2 document that should help you: http://boinx.com/boinxtv/equipment/matrox/pdfs/matrox_mxo2.pdf

For your first question
Quote:
If the Matrox, in which codec should I capture.
you can actually capture to all of our formats, but if quality is an issue, which I believe it is, you can capture to Pro Res.

We are proud to support Boinx
http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mac/mxo2_family/application/
and they are of us http://www.boinx.com/boinxtv/equipment/matrox/

The added feature of having any of our Matrox MXO2 family of products is you can add our Matrox MAX technology to any of these devices. http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mac/max/ The Matrox Max technology gives you faster than realtime encoding to H.264 and blows away the competition. This might be something that you need now and definately will be useful in the future.

If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Segal

The MXO2 will act as the bridge between your live video input source and BoinxTV, but how you capture (what codec, frame rate etc) is determined by your settings inside BoinxTV. That said, your capture settings will largely depend on the input video format / BoinxTV project format, the processing power of your computer and, of course, the codecs that you actually have installed on your computer.

For what it's worth, Boinx recommend you use Apple Intermediate Codec.

Hope it helps
Andy
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy for your added input.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam