Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connection Canon XH-A1S to Matrox MXO2 Mino for Capturing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phm.last
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Connection Canon XH-A1S to Matrox MXO2 Mino for Capturing Reply with quote

How to connect the Canon XH-A1S to the Matrox MXO2 Mini for Capturing via the Mini into Windows(-7) PC?
Canon XH-A1S has HDV/DV (6-pins Firewire) Out and HD/SD Component Out. Mini has no firewire-in. So which cable should I use for this connection?Does perhaps exist an adapter 'HDV Out to HDMI'?
I hope the question is clear and you can help. Thanks!
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should use the XH-A1S's Component output into the MXO2 Mini's Component input ... that would seem to be the best option.

HDV to HDMI adaptors? Never seen one myself ... HDV to HD-SDI yes, HD-SDI to HDMI yes, but not direct HDV to HDMI. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist tho, just that I've not heard of one. Maybe cheaper/easier to just get a HDV deck with HDMI output tho?

Best
Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: