Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 problem with MacPro Leopard

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahkkuhn
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: MXO2 problem with MacPro Leopard Reply with quote

Hi,

my first post here starts with some troubles I have to face with my new MXO2 Le MAX. It arrived yesterday and I installed the PCIe card, connected everything, installed the driver 1.9.1, the firmware updater runs, in the end everything seemed to be fine. For testing reasons a Samsung 2494HS is connected to the MXO2 Le MAX via HDMI (new cable).

Ok, test run with FCP (external video monitor via HDMI set to RGB out) and Compressor (tested with this PC and with a Cluster) as well as Ventura player, everything seem to work. Red LED continuously, while using Compressor and a MAX setting it flashes, everything seemed to be normal. Shut down the system (without switching off the MXO2 Le MAX as advised in the manual) yesterday night.

This morning I started the whole thing and now:
a) no video output on the external monitor connected via HDMI (cable coonections tested, no problems found) from FCP7 or Color 1.5
b) no connection between Compressor 3.5 and MXO2 Le MAX (in the information tab of the job it says Hardware communication error - the MXO2 Le MAX is used by another application (which isn?t the case to my opinion) or simply hardware communication error
c) Ventura player shows no video on the external monitor and says some of the audio can?t be played back

Ok, I?ve shut down the whole system, disconnected everything from the power line, disconnected the external monitor and disconnected the MXO2 Le MAX from the MacPro, started the MacPro without the Matrox, shut it down, reconnected everything, started the whole again and Ventura player starts to show video on the external monitor. FCP and Color problem stays the same.
So, disconnected everything, booted MacPro, shut it dwon again, reconnected everything, booted the whole thing again and et voil? - everything seemed to work fine - FCP external monitor, Compressor with option MAX, Ventura player without audio problem.
So far so good, but - I need the whole system for daily work, often under time pressure as a lot of people. If there is a hint or a workaround to be known, please give me some advice.

As an additional info:
a) grounded myself while installing the PCIe card (installed in slot 3, a 4x PCI slot)
b) no other card installed in the MacPro except (of course Smile ) the graphics card
c) everything connected to grounded power supply
d) MacPro with 2.66 GHz Quad core Intel Xeon and 8 GB RAM 1066 MHz DDR3
e) connected to the MacPro via FireWire is an Apogee Ensemble

As English is not my first language (German is my mothers tongue) please forgive mispellings and sometimes a bit difficult explanations.

all the best to you out there from Germany

Andreas
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andreas, I have moved your post to the Technical Support section of this user forum...If there is a problem accessing other sections of this user forum, please contact us so we can remedy the problem...

Thanks,
B.C.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you B.C.

We will continue the support in the other thread here: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=4621&highlight=
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: