Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering the MXO2, not sure if it's what I need

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John L
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Considering the MXO2, not sure if it's what I need Reply with quote

I teach TV Broadcasting class at my middle school. We do daily broadcasts to all the classrooms in my school. The broadcast are a mix of live (on camera, skype, etc.) and prerecorded content. We use several sources for input, including a Mac desktop, Mac iBook Laptop, DVD/VHS player, Canon GL2 video camera, (for audio stereo plugs, rca white/red jacks and xlr) and a big black box that is a DVR that records and plays back programs from Channel One News. We use Boinx TV, iMovie, Skype, Keynote, and Quicktime for recording and playback of content.

All of this input goes to one coaxial Output that goes to the MDF and out to classrooms passing through some signal amplifiers along the way.

Is the MXO2 the way to go to gather and manage all these inputs and get them outputted in the highest quality possible to our video network? (most of the classes are viewing our broadcast through XGA 1024 X 768 quality LCD projectors on 6 foot screens in classrooms.) Thank you for your help!
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. With regards to your described workflow, please note that the MXO2 family of products can ingest one video stream at a given time. The formats supported on the MXO2 inputs are NTSC, PAL, 720p, 1080i, and 1080psf. MXO2 can then output your video to a variety of formats (Please refer to Appendix C and D located on this page). Please note that to achieve multiple inputs, you'll need to have multiple MXO2 devises on multiple systems - You can not have more than one MXO2 connected to a single machine.

In order to use the MXO2 device on a laptop, you need to have one free ExpressCard/34 slot in order to install the Matrox PCIe host ExpressCard/34 adapter. Please check this page for the MXO2 (for Mac) system requirements.

With the MXO2 I/O devices and BoinxTV live production software your can easily create live-to-disk, live-to-internet and live-to-stage video. Record studio shows, podcasts, sports events, lectures and more using your Mac and multiple cameras. Please check this page for a list of supported applications with the MXO2 devices (for Mac).

Thanks and please let us know if you have any other questions...

Best regards,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam