Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1080 p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiXXL
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: 1080 p Reply with quote

I got the new Sony HDR CX 550 camera.
This camera outputs 1080i, 1080p and 720p. through HDMI
I just tested it with the MXO2 mini and the results are excellent in 1080i and 720p.
I have a problem with the 1080p (in fact I guess it's not a true progressive format, probably a segmented one).
Does MXO2 mini accepts this 1080p format ?
ldtowers
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: no progressive 1080 formats Reply with quote

Feature request time. Honestly this is just silly. Displays these days are progressive, they need to support native progressive output like even cheap bluray players do!!!!
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Displays may be progressive but the broadcast world is still pretty much interlaced whether we like it or not, and folks need to be able to monitor their edit the way it will be delivered ... so not silly at all. Then again, choice is good and lots and lots of folks do very much choose progressive. It has my vote too (especially as I'd like to use a Dreamcolor display that requires it).
mark_m
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Mees wrote:
Displays may be progressive but the broadcast world is still pretty much interlaced whether we like it or not, and folks need to be able to monitor their edit the way it will be delivered

Exactly. Folks need to be able to monitor their edit the way it will be delivered. And I, for one, deliver all my work for viewing on progressive computer displays. Which is why I, too, want 1080p support. Not silly at all.
ldtowers
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: interlace is passe Reply with quote

Interlace is becoming passe. All film originated material is progressive, 720p stuff is progressive. No new display is interlaced except for plasma which is also on the way out. Pro's edit progressive whenever possible and only interlace/add 2:3 pulldown as needed for deliverables.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: