Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox Effects - "From the Old Days"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mauitvnews
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Matrox Effects - "From the Old Days" Reply with quote

Aloha from Maui,

Is there any hope/plan of release Matrox Video Effects for us MX02 users similar to the excellent ones we've enjoyed for years with the RTX-100 and the legendaty RT2000?

Premiere's keying is abysmal by comparison, and the video transitions (Matrox, that is) were far superior as well.

I'm having to work with a great number of work-arounds to simply output SD video to the Honolulu TV stations for ENG work I do on Maui. I realize the MX02 is geared for HD and someday - when my end users are there - I will produce exclusively in HD. Meanwhile, I feel like the MX02 is actually a step back from the RTX-100 Extreme - particularly in the "finishing touches."

Can we hope for more?
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry on feature implementations.
You can make your feature requests for the MXO2 product line in our Product Feature section of the forum since this is monitored by our Product Managers. http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewforum.php?f=6
I will move your post to our Product Feature section as well.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of the feature implementations of future releases or products at this point.
I will pass along your feature requests as well to the appropriate department for possible future implementations.

Regards,
Sam
mauitvnews
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Feature Implementations Reply with quote

Aloha Sam,

Thanks for the reply -which is less than satisfying. I've been a Matrox buyer, user and supporter for more than a decade. I originally bought (and have continually upgraded) because of the seamless integration with Adobe Premiere, and the added features from Matrox that enhanced (and, more ofen) or exceeded the Premiere version of those features.

If the Matrox goal has been to level the playing field with Avid and FCP by removing the features that set it apart for those of us who still prefer PC over Mac, then I think you've succeeded. As a career marketer and media pro, I've never seen a company continue to win by reducing service and features as they "grow."

What are the chances of releasing (re-adding) Matrox effects with MXO2 Mini with MAX? Thank you for moving my original post to the proper section. I hope for a positive response.

Jeff King
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed feedback and input.
Unfortunately, I am not aware of the feature implementations of future releases or products at this point. I cannot confirm if Matrox Effects will be added to Matrox MXO2 product line.
I would think if there are numerous feature requests for Matrox Effects, then Product Managers may be more inclined to implement this feature in the future.

Regards,
Sam
daplus_NVS
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Please add effects to the MXO family Reply with quote

Please add RTX type effects to MXO family Color correction, 3D transitions, all the good stuff is gone. PLEASE ADD OLD STUFF TO NEW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: