Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SD->HD Upscaling with MXO2 Mini MAX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkTrainer
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: SD->HD Upscaling with MXO2 Mini MAX Reply with quote

Hi,

I've a PAL input source (720*576i @25) connected via Component to my MXO2 Mini with MAX, and i want to upscale the source to 1280*720... Is this possible? If it's possible, can someone give me an help on how to do this using Premiere Pro CS4? Furthermore, can I do this only to a captured file or can I upscale the signal in realtime (for have a costantly output already upscaled)?

Sorry for my bad english and for noob question... I'm a newbie in the video editing area...

Anyway, thanks in advance. Smile
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DT

1 In the OS X System Preferences > MXO2 Mini A/V input settings set the Input Source > Video to Component, enable (tick) the Scaling > Scale input for capture checkbox, and set the Source format to SD 4:3

2 Open Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, and start a new project or open an existing project.

3 Once your sequence appears, press the F5 key to open the Capture window. Click the Settings tab, and then click Edit.

4 In the Capture Settings window, select QuickTime from the Capture Format menu, and then click Video.

5 In the Compression pane, specify the target video capture settings, for example Apple ProRes 422 720p 50.

6 In the Source pane, select the Matrox MXO2 input setting that matches your source video's format. For example, MXO2 - PAL YUV 10-bit.

7 Click OK to close the Video window.

8 In the Capture Settings window, click Audio.

9 In the Source pane, select Matrox MXO2 Mini Audio Input, and then click OK.

10 In the Capture Settings window, click OK.

11 If your source video device is connected to the MXO2 input, and your MXO2 A/V input settings are set correctly, your video should now appear in Premiere Pro's Capture window (F5). You are now ready to capture your PAL (SD) video into Premiere Pro as 720p50 (HD), using your Matrox MXO2 Mini as the input device.

Hope that helped
Andy
DarkTrainer
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy and thanks for your answer,

by the way this not help me because I'm on PC and not Mac...
My apologies if I forgot to specifiy this in the previous post.
Can you give me the procedure to follow on Windows 7?
Thanks for your patience! =)
DarkTrainer
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP, someone can give me help on how to upscale input on Windows 7 using Premiere Pro and the MXO2 Mini?
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DT

A quick browse of the product website (for Windows) makes no mention of any upscale on capture capability ... my guess then is that this feature is not implemented in the PC drivers. Sorry.

Was going to suggest you post your question in the Windows specific forum above, but it seems Product Feature Enhancement is the right place after all.

Best
Andy
DarkTrainer
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Mees wrote:
Hi DT

A quick browse of the product website (for Windows) makes no mention of any upscale on capture capability ... my guess then is that this feature is not implemented in the PC drivers. Sorry.

Was going to suggest you post your question in the Windows specific forum above, but it seems Product Feature Enhancement is the right place after all.

Best
Andy

Yes, I check by myself on the site and I see that the upscaling feature will be avalaible in future software release... thanks anyway, I hope that Matrox will upgrade soon the software for PC users Very Happy
IainJC
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DarkTrainer

It looks like you've found yourself with the same problem as me. It might be worth keeping track of my thread here for updates: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?p=12247

Cheers
Iain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: