Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I use an MXO2 for input and the MXO for output.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freespirit
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Can I use an MXO2 for input and the MXO for output. Reply with quote

I need an input device for my Macbook Pro, and am thinking about an MXO2 to add to my MXO. I use the MXO as a scanconverter during VJ performances (since Apple doesn't support video-out on current gen. macs) and would add the MXO2 to over live camera input.

So my question is, will this work, can I load both the MXO and MXO2 drivers on the same machine. Using the MXO2 for output is not an option as my VJ software needs the GPU and doesn't support a seperate video output.
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thanks for your continued support and interest in Matrox products. With regards to your question; please note that you can not have both the MXO and the MXO2 installed in the same computer system.

Thanks,
B.C.
Freespirit
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's a shame because not being to able to use both, automatically renders the MXO2 line useless for me as I want to use the great quality of the MXO as a scanconvertor.

Do you now if the MXO plays nice with an AJA or Motu device instead? I used to have a Mac Pro with a Decklink as input and the MXO for out which worked great. But I just went with a mobile setup (traveling with a Mac Pro ***** and is a nightmare for your back) so need a mobile solution.
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although we have not officially tested this setup, but based on customer feedback, the MXO would work in a system with AJA or Motu.

Happy holidays!
B.C.
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's some good news then Smile

Last time I checked, despite the info to the contrary, both the MXO and MXO2 can be installed concurrently in the same system with the caveat being that the MXO will only work in presentation mode (scan conversion mode) when doing so ... by happy coincidence tho, in your case, that would seem to be exactly what you are looking for.

It really is a crying shame that Matrox cannot figure out how to allow full concurrent install operability of both their MXO and MXO2 devices, but there you go.

Very Best
Andy
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, while the names are very closly matched MXO and MXO2 one would expect the MXO2 would do at least everything the MXO can do and more. But drivers and functionality are very different.
Marketing and technology wise I simply don't understand either.
Add to this that another product is added which this time can work stand-alone as a convertor box PC/Mac compatible...
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your comments...I did forward your feedback to the Marketing Department for their consideration...

Best regards,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam