Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the MXO2 the right solution for this?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CelebrationWeb
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Is the MXO2 the right solution for this? Reply with quote

I'd love some input on whether or not the MXO2 will be able to handle our desired workflow.

Let me explain our goal and our current setup. Keep in mind I'm an A/V newbie, so if I'm not using the right terms please guide me towards the light. Wink Or if you believe our workflow could be simplified, please share as well.

Basically our goal is to capture live video, make some simple edits and ingest that video into Adobe's Flash Media Live Encoder so that we can encode to FLV file in real-time*.

Will the MXO2 allow us to capture live video into FCP, make edits and then play back the timeline into our capture card (on a separate computer).

In my head, this workflow avoids having to save an intermediate file containing the edits from FCP.

So, is the MXO2 the right tool for the job? Are there better solutions?

Thanks for your input,
-Alex

* Some of you are probably wondering why we don't take advantage of the MXO2's MAX technology instead of FMLE to do the encode faster than real-time.

The short answer is that our capture card will let us capture and encode multiple files at once using the Flash Media Live Encoder. This lets us create a high, medium and low bitrate versions of our video in one pass.

While the MAX technology will encode one file quicker than real-time, it won't encode three files quicker than real-time. Since we need this workflow to be as quick as possible, FMLE seems the way to go.
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for posting on the Matrox Forums. Yes, the MXO2 products will do the job. The MXO2 supports both SD and/or HD captures to a variety of codecs and provides simultaneous video outputs. It will allow you to capture live video so you make your simple edits and allow you to playback and output.

Which capture device do you have on your FMLE system and what inputs does it support? Here's a quick reference guide to know which MXO2 product will best suite your workflow depending on the input/output devices you will be using. http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/products/mxo2/en_product_selection.pdf

I hope this information helps.

For additional questions, you can reply to this forum thread or contact the customer care via telephone :
(800) 361-4903 (North America) or (514) 822-6364 (Worldwide)

Best regards,
Customer Care

Video Products Group
Corporate Headquarters
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd.
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alex
Your workflow sounds solid and the MXO2 will certainly handle it ... but as speed is of the essence, and you've also asked for workflow suggestions, you might want to take a look at Softron's excellent Movie Recorder app. It fully supports the MXO2 and will allow you to start the "make some simple edits" part of your workflow before the footage has finished ingesting.
http://www.softronmedia.com/products/ingest/movierecorder.html
Cheers
Andy
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to inactivity of this thread, it will now be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam