Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd request for MX02 audio input/output

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptooke
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: 2nd request for MX02 audio input/output Reply with quote

Yes, please - this would be very useful for any number of common scenarios.

As a new owner of the mx02 i was caught by surprise that it does not show up in the Mac Sound Preferences as an audio in or out device, a common feature with other i/o cards ( my old blackmagic card certainly did, believe Aja cards do) And since any number of cheap cheap FW audio boxes do also, its hard to imagine cost was the reason we don't see it in the flagship $$ MX02.

I opted for the MX02 precisely because, as the literature says, it "provides built-in 5.1 surround sound monitoring via RCA so you don't need to invest in additional equipment as you do with some other I/O products." I don't think so?
I've since learned the hard way there are some critical caveats to that statement, even in those apps that are listed as V-OUT qt such as Soundtrack Pro: the 5.1 surround does play out from the MX02 RCA direct outs when there is a video attached, but say you want to work on an audio clip first, or remove / isolate / edit a track that is no longer connected to a video sequence there is no sound out of the speakers! The audio out then defaults to the computer's built-in speakers, and you're stuck.
This is crazy and certainly not useful?
So what are my options here? Hmm, it certainly looks like i need another way to feed my surround speakers when working on Soundtrack Pro clips in and around the final video sequence, which sounds a lot like investing in additional equipment to me.

So yes, please, assuming this something that can be added via a software/firmware upgrade??
dominic@doorgirl.org
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt. This is a necessary feature that needs to be added ASAP.
GinoDelG
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: MXO2 Audio Reply with quote

I second the motion. this worked on my MXO. I'm surprised the MXO2 doesn't have it.
sfmedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driver 1.9 now supports CoreAudio. Please test.
sfmedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my own tests, it's a bit of a non-working feature right now. See my post in the other feature request thread. Any other users out there... hopefully with more positive experience?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: