Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions from an Axio LE user about MXO2-Mini workflow

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Litzwire
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Questions from an Axio LE user about MXO2-Mini workflow Reply with quote

Greetings -
I have an AxioLE that I use to edit broadcast TV shows. I'm interested in the MXO2-Mini to be able to travel with a laptop, take some projects and footage from the Axio with me, and share edits and footage between the MXO2 Mini machine and the Axio. I might start a project on an Axio, then port the project and Matrox MP2-IF footage over to the MXO2-Mini/Laptop, or I might capture footage and start a project with the MXO2-Mini/Laptop and port it over to the Axio LE later. This seems like this should be a logical workflow, but has this been done in the real-world? If you're always capturing to Matrox codecs, can a MacBook be used as the laptop option? If a PC laptop is recommended for this workflow, have you tested and recommended any particular laptop or laptop specs? Sorry for all the questions, but I work on numerous productions at a time, and I really need a way to make something like this work to take advantage of the travel time to advance my projects. A comprehensive answer would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your interest and continued support of Matrox products. With regards to your described workflow; if you use a Matrox MXO2 Mini on a MacBook Pro, the files created will be .MOV files whereas On a PC / Adobe environment, the workflow is based on .AVI files - therefore, in the above workflow I would recommend a Windows PC laptop as opposed to a MBP setup with the MXO2 Mini - this way you would avoid any rendering and re-encoding downtime, and you can easily flip between both the Axio LE and the MXO2 Mini.

as for your other question; Matrox MXO2 Mini requires a computer system with the following configuration:

- A computer that supports Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 (SSE2), such as an Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 or later.
- Dual-CPU, or one dual-core CPU.
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business or Ultimate (32- or 64-bit) with Service Pack 1, or Windows XP Professional 32-bit with Service Pack 3.
- One free ExpressCard/34 slot on your laptop to install the Matrox PCIe host ExpressCard/34 adapter.
- If you want to use MXO2 Mini with Adobe Premiere Pro, you must have Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 version 4.0.1 or later.
- 2 GB of RAM.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have any other questions...

Thanks,
B.C.
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm just reading your reply. I appreciate your time. Sounds like you have little doubt the workflow will work. I will go for it and hope for the best! Thanks again.
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

locked and closed due to spam
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam