Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1080p PLEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barrybishop2001
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: 1080p PLEASE Reply with quote

I think I made a grave mistake....the mx02le doesn't support 1080p? Can this be done with a software/firmware upgrade? I had no idea that it only does 1080i. I do alot of chroma key work so the 1080i isnt of much use to me.
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Full native 1080p support is essential in today's market place.

(That said Barry, what frame rate are you working with? 1080PsF is simply 1080p carried in a 1080i signal ... within your NLE workstation it stays pure progressive, the interlaced part of the equation is just the transport mechanism for carrying and monitoring the signal)
barrybishop2001
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh Andy thanks for all the replies. Smile

This is what im understanding

1080PsF is 1080p but wrapped in a 1080i signal? So in Finalcut its really 1080p, but when sent out to my reference monitor it will be displayed as 1080i? If I export it I can do so at 1080p?

I am trying to figure the "sweet spot" juggling between file size and quality. Im shooting with an ex1 and trying to keep a 4:2:2 color space. DVCPRO HD was mentioned and APPLE PRO RES 4:2:2. Hopefully at 1920x1080 id rather not drop to 720 as i'm chroma keying alot.
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>1080PsF is 1080p but wrapped in a 1080i signal? So in Finalcut its really 1080p, but when sent out to my reference monitor it will be displayed as 1080i? If I export it I can do so at 1080p?

Right on all counts. You've got it Smile

DVCPRO HD was mentioned and APPLE PRO RES 4:2:2

Yep. That's because you're working on a MBP if I recall correctly, so you're limited in that respect by the raw processing capabilities of that host hardware (dual core processor, so not enough oomph for ProRes SQ or HQ at HD frame sizes) and the storage subsystem (FW800, so not fast enough for Uncompressed HD). On a MBP then your best bet is probably DVCPROHD or ProRes LT, both of which are 422 codecs and have similar data rates. If you run a cable to the MacPro then you can record full quality ProRes or even Uncompressed HD if your MacPro's storage can handle that.

Hope that helps
Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: