Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possibility to Calibrate Audio Output Levels MXO2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is in favor for audio calibrating functionality?
yes, please
100%
 100%  [ 8 ]
no, not interested
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Users Voted : 8
Total Votes : 8
Detailed Results

rjvddoes
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Possibility to Calibrate Audio Output Levels MXO2 Reply with quote

Can you please add a functionality to calibrate the analog (XLR) audio levels from the MXO2?
At the moment my MXO2-Max is outputting a -18 dBFs reference level from FCP +7 dB higher at -11 dBFs.
It would be great to have a slider (or a numeric input box) possibly in combination with a calibrated digital peakmeter (dbFs scale) in the MXO control panel. It would be completely perfect if you can also calibrate the XLR inputs.

Regards,

Robbert-Jan van der Does
travisjpeterson
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I really need to calibrate my levels coming and coming out of the XLRs. Right now they aren't even close to where I need them.

Travis
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd add that the real issue here would seem to be that the levels shouldn't need calibrating ... if a -18 dBFs level is coming out of any of the different outputs at anything other than -18 dBFs then it's a bug that should be fixed.
Any extra control is a good thing as far as I can see so I vote yes ... but it shouldn't be necessary for general calibration purposes.

Re the issue as is, just a thought, but have you checked you application audio assignments to ensure that you are not inadvertently doubling up levels; similarly the MXO2 preference pane Audio Output assignments.

Best
Andy
jvpeters
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem. Levels are far too low and we cannot do anything to override them. I really hate having to increase the volume in post.
sfmedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reference level calibration options are important. All our audio interfaces have it. I sound like a broken record, but the audio side of the MXO/MXO2 product line needs a lot of improvement to be a proper stand alone unit in small-shop post workflows (IE workflows that assume their I/O device doesn't require a second, and expensive, audio interface.)

Matrox should take a look at the options available on most audio interfaces. RME, Apogee, Motu, Echo Audio just to name a small (but wide) segment of the market. We need reference level control and sample rate control for starters.

Core Audio was a start. Next, get it to work. Following that see above.

Great thread!

(I continue to think it borderline false-advertising to call the audio side of the MXO2 product line "professional." Sure you could get away with the face that it has XLR connections - but the Cannon connectors is where professional seems to end.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: