Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there an equivalent of AJA TV / BM Media Express for MXO?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelmk
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Is there an equivalent of AJA TV / BM Media Express for MXO? Reply with quote

Dear all,

I am wondering if it is possible to output video + audio through the Matrox MXO products without going through an editing software (ie FCP).

Is there an equivalent for Matrox's MXO (specifically the Matrox MXO2) to what AJA TV does for the AJA Kona / IoHD line; and the Black Magic Media Express for Black Magic output cards.

Thanks!
Michael

---
[ www.dvshortfilms.com ]
[ www.mksiu.com ]
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Michael

On the PC side, Yes ... Matrox A/V Tools is a standalone application that allows for direct capture and playback through the MXO Mini.

But not on the Mac side I'm afraid. Unlike AJA and BMD, Matrox don't yet have such companion apps for their Mac based I/O hardware (they are as yet a relative newcomer on the Mac platform and are still actively developing their presence here). Needless to say, Matrox will have a strong interest in developing these kinds of companion software but for now such playback support on the Mac side is limited to any third party apps that support Quicktime's Video Out components.

Best
Andy
michaelmk
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know of any existing 3rd party app that support QT's Video Out component and would allow me to do the direct playback out through the MXO2?

Thanks,
Michael
---
[www.dvshortfilms.com]
[www.mksiu.com]
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to inactivity of this thread, it will now be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam