Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio output option request
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcosmijan
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living Films wrote:
Will connect the mac audio through the headphone jack to my mixer. This way at least I can monitor something from the other apps...

But you want to use the same speakers for the matrox and for the mixer?? I have already tried to do that and it did not work out. The only thing that may work is to buy an amplifier to put everything together.

But it is really shameful that we don t even get an answer about this issue.

Marcos Mijan
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://web.me.com/andymees/Free_and_Easy/blog/Entries/2010/2/9_Matrox_prepping_new_MXO2_drivers_%28v1.9%29.html
marcosmijan
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Great news! Reply with quote

It?s great news, thanks for keeping us posted Andy, you have been of great help to calm me down!

Marcos Mijan
sfmedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look like 1.9 with CoreAudio support was posted. Has anyone here tried it yet! Very exciting and a big thanks to Matrox for listening to us, even when were blunt about this particular missing feature.
marcosmijan
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: updated to 1.9 but many audio problems Reply with quote

I updated to 1.9 and started hearing everything trough the card. Suddenly I started to experience audio drops out and I could not fix it anyway. I uninstalled and installed the driver again, it worked for a few minutes and started with problems again. I experienced the audio drops problem in every application, even in new Vetura Playback. It seems to be very unstable. What can I do??
sfmedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated to 1.9 and the CoreAudio drivers are useless in Logic (which I use instead of SoundTrack Pro.)

Setting the latency to the highest available (1024 samples) was the only way to get anything but rapid-fire glitches (no actually sound/music content) out of the MXO2. At 128 Samples, which my Fireface will happily run more tracks than I can work with, the MXO2 can't even produce any sound.

So, while I'm still happy this feature has been added... wow does it ever need a lot of work. 10 years ago I could run most sound cards with 512 sample of latency so this is far from perfect. Admittedly, it's the first kick at the can. I am hopeful a little more patience will pay off.

I also noticed that the audio inputs and outputs seem inexplicably locked to 48kHz, even when the CoreAudio application is asking for something else. I only use the AES outputs of the MXO2 at the moment, so the interface that's actually doing the D/A will always tell me the sample rate of the incoming signal. 48kHz no matter what.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: