Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio output option request
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbtwist
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Audio output option request Reply with quote

I'd really like to see the ability to output the computer audio through the Matrox MXO2. Right now I have to take the computer audio unbalanced from a miniplug into my mixer and it buzzes.

KONA offers the ability to select the KONA hardware as the computers audio output. I wish Matrox was an option in my computer output...

-Jason
ptooke
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Audio output option request Reply with quote

YES, YES!
Why doesn't this have it already?? c
edit
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly!
IT IS SUPER ANNOYING NOT TO BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO EDIT MUSIC, FIX DIALOGUE ETC.

To be honest, i feel cheated not to have been clearly informed about this feature missing in your advertisements.

Please, it cannot be that hard to fix this.
sfmedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It's disingenuous at best. All the other "competing" systems allow for use as a "sound interface" as well. I too feel a little taken.
marcosmijan
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: I completely agree: amazing monitoring restrictions! Reply with quote

At the end I found the right place in the forum!!

I got my MXO2 LE a week ago and I was amazed to find out that I could only monitor video and audio coming out of FCP. What happens with all the other applications? Am I supposed to have all these system (card+monitor+speakers) only to monitor FCP?

I am really annoyed with this and I am thinking to change to a Kona card. I understand that many users may only use matrox for FCP but I think it would be wise to think in an increasing number of users (like me, a filmmaker) that use the card for many other purposes.

Is it something that can be solved in future firmware or is it something impossible to solve??

Thank you

Marcos Mijan
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcos

Is it something that can be solved in future firmware or is it something impossible to solve??

Its simply an issue of writing the necessary Mac OS X Core Audio drivers ... I say "simply" of course only because I have no idea how hard that really is, I dare say its probably not simple at all!

Nonetheless it's certainly doable as evidenced by other I/O devices on the market, and its highly likely that Matrox will provide the necessary drivers as soon as is practicable, but as with all development, its a matter of prioritizing what issues and feature requests get addressed first.

Whilst I've not found this an issue myself I can see why Core Audio might be desirable for some, and I'd imagine Matrox can see the value in it too. Wait out a couple of driver updates and see what comes down the line.

Hope it helps
Andy
sfmedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox should be doing more than just "seeing the value in it" in my not-so-important opinion.

You cannot, for example, supply an edit station for work in Soundtrack Pro or Logic Audio and get any audio out of the MXO2 that has anything to do with the work at hand.

There's also a profound lack of control for the audio inputs and outputs of the MXO2. Clocking (master/slave) sample rate, etc... makes the audio section of the MXO2 series mostly useless and overrated for anything but playback or capture and a gross oversight.

I think owners of the MXO 2 would be wise to warn future customers about this short coming so they can decide. At this point, I'd advise fellows to pickup a BlackMagic Decklink HD Extreme and a Matrox MXO Compress HD in stead of an MXO2 because of this issue.

Take this tidbit right from the MXO2 page "Professional audio inputs and outputs with 5.1 surround sound monitoring."

They're not professional audio inputs if you can't use them with professional audio applications. PERIOD.
arielferrer
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I just installed a MXO2 Today and I was SHOCKED!!! To discover that I can't monitor the Computer Audio via the Matrox MXO2!! I replace a Black Magic card and it was possible to monitor other Apps like iTunes and Soundtrack Pro and any other App via the BM audio Ouput!!! Hey MATROX ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOUR COSTUMERS!!!! I didn't any in this regards in the documentation!!! for Me it was a OBVIOUS and LOGICAL feature!!! Please can someone from Matrox can discuss this issue? I Love the MXO2 features but this a BASIC MISSING ONE!!! for now I will Stop recommending the MXO2 for this reason!!! PLEASE MATROX CAN WE HAVE A FIX ON THIS?
Supernova
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Add my vote to this thread too Reply with quote

Soundtrack Pro at least should be able to use it, and Adobe Soundbooth as well
travisjpeterson
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a must add option. I think anybody that's used anything else (Blackmagic, or Kona) is used to this being a typical feature. Please Matrox, make this a priority. I've noticed replies from Matrox techs in other posts but why not this one?
gershpost
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. MXO2 should DEFINITELY be available as an audio output for all other Mac software - Soundtrack Pro, Logic, etc. This is a given feature in competitors' products. Thank you!
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Good things come to those who wait" or so the saying goes ... then again the saying also goes "He who doesn't ask doesn't get" Smile I have a good feeling about this one ...
Living Films
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also shocked to find this out! Today I replaced our decklink multibridge pro with the mx2 mini. The mxo image appears to be softer on the JVC DTV monitor (through component). Will test HDMI later. But at least our FCP seems to be stable once again. Decklink crashed upon thumbnail view - every time, every day, for years.

Now the bummer with system audio on the mxo... but I got an idea: Will connect the mac audio through the headphone jack to my mixer. This way at least I can monitor something from the other apps...
marcosmijan
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living Films wrote:
Will connect the mac audio through the headphone jack to my mixer. This way at least I can monitor something from the other apps...

But you want to use the same speakers for the matrox and for the mixer?? I?ve already tried to do that and it didn?t work out. The only thing that may work is to buy an amplifier to put everything together.

But it?s really shameful that we don?t even get an answer about this issue.

Marcos Mij
marcosmijan
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living Films wrote:
Will connect the mac audio through the headphone jack to my mixer. This way at least I can monitor something from the other apps...

But you want to use the same speakers for the matrox and for the mixer?? I have already tried to do that and it did not work out. The only thing that may work is to buy an amplifier to put everything together.

But it s really shameful that we don?t even get an answer about this issue.

Marcos Mijan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: