Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reliability?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luxcollective
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: reliability? Reply with quote

I am very interested in the MX02 mini for capturing HD for VJ purposes (feeding a second laptop's output into the main laptop)...

Was ready to buy, but after watching Vade's video on CDM and reading these forums, I am disheartened by how finicky this thing seems to be. Fussy gear is a deal breaker in a performance environment.

Are these problems anomalies or is the MX02 mini just not ready for prime time yet?

Are problems being fixed with firmware upgrades?
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey lux

I seem to recall a similar vein of questions some months back ... basically its a highly non standard use of the hardware and I seem to remember the would be VJ really struggling with the concepts involved. There was a strong suggestion that he/she didn't really understand what they were doing with regards to video standards (as they were rather more familiar with dealing with computer monitor resolutions and outputs instead of video formats) but that could have been a simple lost in translation thing ... either way I don't recall it ending well :/

All that said, a combination approach, using an MXO on the first laptop (which you would use to scan convert the output to a standard video signal) feeding into an MXO2 Mini on the second laptop ... no reason to assume that would be anything less than rock solid set up.

Best
Andy
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to inactivity of this thread, it will now be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam