Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LCD TV or Dell 2408WFP For Color Grading

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: LCD TV or Dell 2408WFP For Color Grading Reply with quote

I'm looking to use the MXO2 Mini with Final Cut Studio and to do color grading with it in Apple Color. I'm aware of the specs (1920x1080, 1:1 pixel mapping etc), but I'm wondering if anyone has any real world experience about whether it's better to get an computer LCD like the Dell 2408WFP or a quality LCD television like a Samsung or Sony 1080P. Are there any differences in calibration between a TV and a computer monitor and does the color gamut rating of the monitor affect the grading quality?

I know Matrox doesn't endorse particular models, just wondering if anyone actually using the product has any input.
vealti
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to get the same answer from various sources for a while but haven't had any luck. From my own research I've decided to go with a Panasonic 1080p plasma TV. In my budget range it seems to still be better color/black wise and have better viewing angles.
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read several reports of people getting good results from Plasma TVs but I have limited space and all the Plasma sets are far too big. I'd still like to hear from anybody using an LCD TV vs. the Dell.
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to inactivity of this thread, it will now be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam