Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVCPRO HD 720p24 workflow?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harry322
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: DVCPRO HD 720p24 workflow? Reply with quote

Hello, I'm very interested in purchasing one of these devices. My main question is about 24p and 23.98 support when using ProRes 422 or DVCPRO HD.

1. I understand that support for these framerates may be enabled by a future software update, but that in the mean time, a DVCPRO HD 720p24 sequence would be output as 59.97. Is this process noticeable? Or is it seamlessly done by the hardware?

2. When capturing, can 23.98 be selected? I'd be capturing DVD (my own content, not commercial) which were burned using the native framerate of 23.98.

Thanks for your help
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your interest in Matrox products...it was a pleasure talking to you earlier today...In response to your first question; this process will be seamless. As for your second question; please note that you can not capture 23.98 fps on the MXO2 Mini device. Perhaps, instead of the MXO2 Mini you might want to consider the Matrox MXO2 for your workflow and editing needs if you need true 23.98 support...

Best regards,
B.C.
harry322
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for responding, Bassel. It was a pleasure talking to you this morning, and I can see why Matrox has such good marks regarding their customer support.

I picked up my Matrox MXO2 Mini this afternoon (I did not have the funds for the MXO2).

So far it is working flawlessly, but I still wish I could output and input material in 23.98. Now that I am registered, I will be posting that in the feature request forum.

Thank you again for top notch support!
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to inactivity of this thread, it will now be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam