Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panasonic HDC-HS100 - Streaming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmattoneill
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Panasonic HDC-HS100 - Streaming Reply with quote

Please excuse a novice here. Here's what I'm looking for, can you let me know if the Matrox MXO2 Mini would serve my needs?

I host a series of live online forums and was hoping to stream live video at the same time. We use a software suite called Adobe Connect Pro, which supports a video window.

I'd like to connect my camera to the computer and stream higher quality video than you get with a webcam. Also, I'd like to capture live video in the production of 'canned' seminars as well. We'd like to be able to stream the video directly into the computer, rather than shoot it then cut it.

Will I be able to take the HDMI or composite stream from my camera into my PC with this device?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for your MXO2 Mini inquiry.

The Matrox Mini for PC works with Adobe Premiere Pro CS4. It also includes this application for fast capture and playback of your audio/video assets : Matrox A/V Tools. Using the Matrox A/V tools application, it is easy to capture video directly into the computer using the HDMI or composite from your camera. The MXO2 Mini does not support Adobe Connect Pro.

We would like to learn more about the format(s) you use to stream video and your complete workflow.

You can also contact the customer care team via this Contact Me form and via phone :
Toll Free: (800) 361-4903 (North America) or (514) 822-6364 (Worldwide)

Regards,

JC
Customer Care Representative
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. - Corporate Headquarters
End-user video editing products group
sanoratorres
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Panasonic HDC HS100 Streaming Reply with quote

I have been looking at this video camera as well. Just cant see the use in going for non HD when that will be the standard soon in the future. Also there are 8GB SD cards out now which give a good amount of storage on the camera.

The camera is meant to come with some editing software for your computer. I have used that for the Everio series JVC and it is good and easy to use but have not been able to get any info for the Panasonic camera software. Sony states that you must have a computer of high spec Pentium 4 or duo cores for editing. Panasonic is probably the same.

If you get one let me know what you think. Also what is the best price you have seen?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sanoratorres,

The MXO2 Mini is codec independent, therefore it will work with a variety of manufacturers of cameras, VTR, decks, etc...
On PC, the supported MXO2 Mini editing software is Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 or Matrox's A/V tools.

The MXO2 Mini is now shipping from Matrox! Contact a Matrox MXO2 Mini authorized dealer to order your MXO2 Mini today.

Kind regards,

JC
Customer Care Representative
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. - Corporate Headquarters
End-user video editing products group
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam