Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHY NO VEGAS SUPPORT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S Choudhry
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: WHY NO VEGAS SUPPORT? Reply with quote

I would purchase the MX02 or MX02 MINI today if you guys provided support for Sony Vegas on PC. What's behind the decision to support only Adobe Premiere? Is it market size, ie, too few Vegas users and hence not enough sales return??

(I know I could leave Vegas and g'knows I would, but I have too much invested in that platform).

Please, please release the MX02/Mini for Vegas.

Thanks
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The Matrox MXO2 Mini is not currently supported with Sony Vegas.
We are currently investigating MXO2 Mini workflows and compatibility with this software.

The MXO2 Mini supports the following applications on PC :
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 on the PC and provides WYSIWYG support for popular applications such as Adobe Encore CS4, Photoshop CS4, and After Effects CS4; Autodesk 3ds Max and Combustion; and NewTek LightWave 3D (32-bit versions only).

Availability
Matrox MXO2 Mini will be available in May 2009 through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.

For additional questions, contact the customer care team by filling out a Contact Me form or via telephone :
(800) 361-4903 (North America) or (514) 822-6364 (Worldwide)

Thanks,

JC
Customer Care Representative
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. - Corporate Headquarters
End-user video editing products group
S Choudhry
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Whats the latest on vegas? Reply with quote

Hi any more news on support for Vegas?
videoguys
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've know that Matrox & Sony are working on this. No feedback yet on it. But I think both companies see the huge potential here.

Vegas with mini finally gives you reliable, affordable HD output for desktop & laptops. New feature in Vegas lets you capture to XD Cam on the fly - sweet. I see a perfect match here.

Just have to hope it's driver tweaking, not major effort to get them together.

Guys, at $449 the MXO2 Mini is a revolutionary product. HD I/O for under $500. Laptop or desktop, PC or Mac! For $400 more you can add the MAX accelerator for H.264 encoding.

Go Matrox!

Gary
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you Gary for your follow-up comments.

Here is the latest update: we are still investigating MXO2 Mini support with Sony Vegas.
We will update this user forum post once we have more details regarding compatibility.

Have a good weekend,

JC
Customer Care Representative
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. - Corporate Headquarters
End-user video editing products group
Paddy O'Door
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Yes, for Vegas please!! Reply with quote

I'm also waiting for Vegas support. I imagine a LOT of people are.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren't any new updates to report at this point, however we understand the importance of this application to some users and we'll keep you posted with any new developments as they become available...

Thanks,
B.C.
Paddy O'Door
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Vegas Support Reply with quote

Still waiting...
videoguys
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not good news on the Vegas front. Last I heard from Matrox it requires some work from the Sony folks to get the MXO2 Mini to work, and they don't currently have the resources available to do it.

I think this is a big mistake by Sony. I've had Vegas users BEGGING me for years fro an affordable HD I/O solution.

Gary
ugc
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a vegas user also. It would be nice for Sony and Matrox to work together.

But, to be honest, I have had a lot of problems with sony working well with my capture devices. I would like to give up on them and jump ship to adobe cs4, but fear the learning curve (I know vegas like the back of my hand), and that has kept me from doing it.

So, ....Sony, are you listening?
Paddy O'Door
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Tired of waiting Reply with quote

Intensity Pro on the way. Apparently it works with Vegas, but it's not officially supported yet.
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for contributing to this forum thread...We appreciate all your feedback...As Gary (from videoguys.com - authorized Matrox Dealer) noted out; we currently do not have support for Sony Vegas...I will however move this post to the MXO2 Mini Product Feature Enhancements where it will remain closely monitored by our Product Development Team...

Best regards,
B.C.
ugc
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the mini w/max running xp32:

Wondering? On a PC, I should be able to encode w/max using Vegas right? I would think it's just selecting the matrox codec for my output in vegas and it would work.

If this statement is true....then we're all good.
DeltaShock
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Mx02 Mini should really get vegas support, since Vegas is so much nicer/better to work with then CS4 :>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: