Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 - Mini - RGB input from DVI sources with converter

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vade
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: MXO2 - Mini - RGB input from DVI sources with converter Reply with quote

Hello

I have a few questions regarding the MXO2-Mini:

Does the mini use a standard quicktime capture component, so software that leverages quicktime can see an ingest from it? I am interested in using the MXO2-Mini for realtime video mixing (not necessarily Final Cut Pro and similar post production software), and would like to be able to sample DVI sources using a simple lossless DVI-D to HDMI converter cable.

The only 'gotcha' with this scenario is that DVI video is typically RGB, and I cannot tell from the spec sheet if the MXO2-Mini supports HDMI 1.3 which should mean RGB is doable. The spec sheet mentions 10 bit HDMi capture which I think is only available in HDMi 1.3, but I figure I ought to ask Smile

So in short, do you support DVI sources using an HDMI conversion cable?

Also, the spec sheet also does not specify whether or not the MXO2-Mini supports progressive 1080p or interlaced 1080i. Im very curious about this.

Thank you very much, the Mini looks like the perfect solution for capturing computer sources and mixing them on the go, I hope it supports these features!
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We appreciate your interest in the MXO2 Mini.

The Matrox MXO2 Mini works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects, and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component.
The MXO2 Mini is equipped with the following specifications : 1 HD HDMI input and 1 HD/SD HDMI output, both with up to eight channels of embedded audio support. The MXO2 Mini HDMI input/output also supports YUV and RGB devices. A DVI to HDMI converter cable hasn't yet been tested with the MXO2 Mini's inputs or outputs. More details on conversion cables and supported HDMI outputs will be made available soon on the Matrox website.

Regards,

JC
Customer Care Representative
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. - Corporate Headquarters
End-user video editing products group
vade
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Any word on DVI capture? Im not sure where to look for the updated information, and I dont see anything on the MXO product page.

My direct email contact is vade [at] vade [dot] info.

Thank you very much!
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The information you are asking for is not on our website nor datasheets at this point in time. However please note that The MXO2 Mini supports RGB as well as YUV input via it's HDMI at 1920x1080. So if your DVI source can output a signal at 1920x1080 then you could use a DVI-to-HDMI converter and use the MXO2 Mini for DVI RGB capture.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
B.C.
vade
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, this is what I expected but I wanted to be sure. Thank you so much Smile
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to inactivity of this thread, it will now be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam