Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO mini capture stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2015 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwynwyn
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: MXO mini capture stopped working Reply with quote

I have a Matrox mini (BK89326), Firmware 15.0, software version 4.6.0.0006. I use Premier Pro CC2015 9.0.1. I use a Macbook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.4.

Until recently I have been using the Matrox to capture from VHS tape into Premiere. It has been working fine and I am aware of how to set up the software and hardware correctly. But suddenly the capture function seems to have stopped working.

For clarity, I output from the VHS to the s-video input of the Matrox using the supplied converter lead, set the Matrox software to use s-video input and set up Premiere capture to DV (with no device control). But no signal arrives any more. I have also tried outputting the VHS signal direct from the Matrox via HDMI and Component to my screen and though it sees the device, nothing is displayed. Similarly in Premiere it seems to see the device (e.g. in Device Control) but nothing gets through (the capture monitor window is blank). I tried using QT7 as an alternative and again it sees the Matrox as a record device but when I create a new recording window is just reverts to the Mac's inbuilt video recorder (FaceTime) even though the recorder preference are still saying Matrox.

I can monitor with the Matrox no problem but my hunch is that none of the inputs are working any longer - I tried inputting from a camcorder deck via HDMI and had the same problems so it doesn't seem to be specific to the analogue inputs. My guess is that the Matrox has developed a major fault and can no longer capture anything but would appreciate any advice. Can I reinstall the firmware / software perhaps?

Thanks
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you close Premiere and try the Matrox Vetura Capture application? This should automatically be installed with the 4.6 drivers under the Applications folder.

Please note if you are capturing SD (NTSC or PAL) format via HDMI input, this is not supported.

Can you try directly connecting the VHS Signal S-video to a monitor bypassing the MXO2? Also try connecting Composite directly into monitor and see if that works?
Have you tried connecting single Composite cable to the MXO2?

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and also see if this helps.
dwynwyn
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Sam wrote:
Hi,

Can you close Premiere and try the Matrox Vetura Capture application? This should automatically be installed with the 4.6 drivers under the Applications folder.

Please note if you are capturing SD (NTSC or PAL) format via HDMI input, this is not supported.

Can you try directly connecting the VHS Signal S-video to a monitor bypassing the MXO2? Also try connecting Composite directly into monitor and see if that works?
Have you tried connecting single Composite cable to the MXO2?

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and also see if this helps.

Thank you Sam - the Vetura player works (both s-video and composite)!

It still doesn't work in Premiere (CC or CS6) which I don't understand as nothing has changed since I last used it.

I wasn't trying to capture s-video via HDMI btw but I was trying to monitor the s-video analogue input by connection the HDMI out port on the Matrox to my TV - that should work shouldn't it?
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear Vetura is working. Yes, the HDMI output should work.

Have their been any automatic updates to Premiere? Please note we support Adobe CC2015 applications on Yosemite with MXO2 4.6 driver: ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/MXO2_Supported%20OS%20and%20applications_4.6.pdf
dwynwyn
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear Vetura is working. Yes, the HDMI output should work.

Have their been any automatic updates to Premiere? Please note we support Adobe CC2015 applications on Yosemite with MXO2 4.6 driver: ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/MXO2_Supported%20OS%20and%20applications_4.6.pdf

Monitoring via HDMI is now also working. I think the problem was with Premiere there too. It should work as I have the specs on the pdf - Yosemite 10.10.4 and Premiere CC 2015 v9.0.1. How would I check if I have the MXO2 4.6 driver installed - is that specific to Premiere?
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under System Preferences > Matrox Utilities, the Info pane should describe the software version number. It should be 4.6.0.0006.

You mentioned Adobe CS6, it is not supported with Yosemite and 4.6 driver.

Is Premiere CC2015.1? Go to Premiere > About to confirm.
dwynwyn
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under System Preferences > Matrox Utilities, the Info pane should describe the software version number. It should be 4.6.0.0006.

You mentioned Adobe CS6, it is not supported with Yosemite and 4.6 driver.

Is Premiere CC2015.1? Go to Premiere > About to confirm.

It is Premiere CC2015.0.1

I do have one other question about the Vetura software and audio - it defaults to 8 mono channels of audio but as the tape is stereo only the first two are actually used. Is there any way to change it two just two input channels for stereo (all 8 channels get embedded in the file which makes things awkward)
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is by design in Matrox Vetura.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4.6 drivers?

Can you try updating Adobe CC2015.2? If you go further than Adobe CC2015.2, ie Adobe CC2015.3 or later, you will need to use the manual plugin procedure available since our latest install drivers do not certify newer versions of Adobe. http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=14597
dwynwyn
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you run me through the Matrox driver re-installation procedure?

I'll have leave CC at 15.0 for now as I'm in the middle of a major project and don't want to risk any updates till that is finished.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removing your Matrox MXO2 software
Perform the following steps to remove the MXO2 software from your Mac
system.
Chapter 2, Installing Your Matrox MXO2 Hardware and Software

1 In the Finder menu, choose File > New Finder Window.
2 In the Applications folder, click the Matrox utilities folder, and then
double-click the software uninstaller file.
3 In the uninstaller dialog box, select or clear the Delete the Matrox
software user preferences option. When selected, all current user settings
in the Matrox Utilities preferences window will be removed from your
computer. Clear this option if you wish to keep your current MXO2 user
settings for a future MXO2 software installation.
4 Click Continue.
5 Enter your administrator password, and click OK to remove the MXO2
software from your computer.

Then make sure you have downloaded the 4.6 drivers if not already on your system and run the installer: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/downloads/download/latest/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2015 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: