Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me in the version jungle - and I also have blue lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2015 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SinusSilur
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Help me in the version jungle - and I also have blue lines Reply with quote

Hi! I just recieved my unused but second hand bought Matrox mini MX02 and tried to connect it to my MacBook Pro 15" with Mavericks 9.5 and Premiere Pro CC 7.0. As I understand, maybe I need to upgrade PP to 7.5 or 8 or something (it's super hard to follow what is a right combination of OS+SW after hours and hours of reading forums and help-files and so on). I connect the Matrox mini via thunderbolt adapter and the unit is recognized by the OS Settings Matrox panel and I can record some video via the software that was bundled with the drivers, but I can't get Adobe PP to see the Matrox. And with the bundled software, I get ****/faulty video result, including blue lines maybe like the ones described in a thread I read about faulty power adapters. But also I'm getting other graphic anomalities in the captured video. I use component in. At first: nothing. I tried via composite and got a b/w screen but with the right content/image, but as soon as I switched to component, it messed up the image a little. But without going via composite to component setting, I get no picture at all. Also I tried S-video in but that was just a scramble. What is my best options here? How do I troubleshoot before paying for upgrades and how do I upgrade only to the version that is supported, rather than to the latest version (both OS and Adobe PP, that is)? I have of course restarted unit and computer in different schemes accoring to forum threads and first off, of course, the manual. And tries hundreds of settings combinations.

Please help Crying or Very sad
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you confirm the MXO2 software driver version being used?

Under Mavericks 10.9.5 OSX, you will need MXO2 4.2.0.0006 drivers for use with Adobe CC2014 applications. If you decide to upgrade OS or Adobe version, please note our last official OS supported is under Yosemite. With Yosemite, we supported Adobe CC2015 applications using MXO2 Mini 4.6.0.0006 drivers.
User Guide for 4.2: ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/MXO2_Supported%20OS%20and%20applications_4.2.pdf
User Guide for 4.6: ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/MXO2_Supported%20OS%20and%20applications_4.6.pdf

Does Matrox Vetura Capture application work?
Make sure input settings are correctly set in System Preferences > Matrox Utilities > A/V Input. Also verify the Component cables are correctly matched with the MXO2 Mini connections. See User Guide on page 50: ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/Matrox%20MXO2%20Installation%20and%20User%20Guide_4.2.pdf
SinusSilur
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Sam wrote:
Hi,

Can you confirm the MXO2 software driver version being used?

- Yes, it's 4.2.0.0006 I have.

Does Matrox Vetura Capture application work?
Make sure input settings are correctly set in System Preferences > Matrox Utilities > A/V Input. Also verify the Component cables are correctly matched with the MXO2 Mini connections.[...]

- The cables are correct matched and secured and fully working. Vetura application recognize the unit as I said, and I'm able to record some under certain circumstances (fiddling with the source setting, changing to composite and back to component before able to view input). But, the result, both on preview window and in recorded file, is full of **** video anomalities and a horosontal blank/black bar with part bluescreenish blue line/lines. Same along bottom line. If I choose the upscaling to, say, 720p, it never works. Only if I pick the "SD 4:3" (wich is what happens when changing source to composite and back to component). I went through all the steps in the manual, both the basic ones and the special settings for Premiere Pro. Nothing helps.

I'm devastated, after paying all this money and can't get things to work. I can't recall any hardware I ever tried being this picky/grumpy/hard to get working. And to read manual and support threads here are to no ease on mind.

Here a link to a short clip that I grabbed. The purple moving pattern is the video graphics I input to the Matrox via component. But I don't want the obvious anomalities (i.e. the diagonally oriented dots or the black fat horisontal bar with a blue thin line in it).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr2qmlh56n3dfcx/matroxventuragrabtest0.mov?dl=0

Matrox Capture Format not available in settings in Premiere Pro:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1w8wx7haxd2f2ua/Sk%C3%A4rmavbild%202017-01-02%20kl.%2021.53.57.png?dl=0

Vetura window and system settings:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tm1dixvvqvj3oi/Sk%C3%A4rmavbild%202017-01-02%20kl.%2022.48.40.png?dl=0

Need more?

Thanks for looking up on this!
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your input source device? What is the input format?

What is your version of Adobe? CC2014 or CC2015?

For a possible remote session, you can also call our technial support line at 1-514-822-6030 from 9AM to 5PM EST.
SinusSilur
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your input source device? What is the input format?

-My input device is an analog video synth. The module in the folowing link does the encoding and outputting:
https://www.lzxindustries.net/product/visual-cortex/
A lot of users use and recommend Matrox MXO2 Mini for this, to get high quality native grabbing, so I figure a lot of people are lucky.
-Input format is found at page 4 here:
https://www.lzxindustries.net/documentation/lzxindustries_visualcortex_technical_manual.pdf

Quote:
What is your version of Adobe? CC2014 or CC2015?

-It's CC 7.0.0 (342) - how do I know what year? Can you list working/matching versions of PP for my OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 so I know what to look for if the softwares I have don't match? Or suggest I upgrade my system to Yosemite and what version of PP?

Quote:
For a possible remote session, you can also call our technial support line at 1-514-822-6030 from 9AM to 5PM EST.

-I appreciate that, and will concider that later, but the time differences from Europe makes me wanna try this way first hand.

Thanks
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The source device is a sync generator and seems to use NTSC and PAL format signals . However, do you have another video source device to try out? ie video camera

Have you tried going from the source device to a monitor (bypassing the MXO2 Mini) to see if you get a video signal?

As mentioned in earlier post, you can review the Supported Apps pdf:

Under Mavericks 10.9.5 OSX, you will need MXO2 4.2.0.0006 drivers for use with Adobe CC2014 applications.

If you decide to upgrade OS or Adobe version, please note our last official OS supported is under Yosemite. With Yosemite, we supported Adobe CC2015 applications using MXO2 Mini 4.6.0.0006 drivers.

User Guide for 4.2 (Adobe CC 2014 is Premiere Pro v8.0.0 & Adobe CC applications is Premiere Pro v7.2.2): ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/MXO2_Supported%20OS%20and%20applications_4.2.pdf

User Guide for 4.6 (Adobe CC 2015 applications is Premiere Pro v9.0): ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/MXO2_Supported%20OS%20and%20applications_4.6.pdf

We can first try to understand why Vetura Capture does not work since this is our stand-alone capture application before attempting to upgrade Adobe or OS versions. You can however, update your current Adobe Premiere CC version to 7.2.2 since this is the Premiere version we support under 4.2 drivers (you are running 7.0.0). Please first uninstall Matrox drivers, update your Premiere version and then reinstall 4.2 drivers again.
SinusSilur
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

Sorry for late response, my newborn and toddler keeps me from working on my hobbies.

Yes, it's an analog video signal modulator/processor and sync generator. Many users use Matrox MXO2 Mini for capturing it's output. I currently don't have any other source to try with. Or, I can output video from my laptop via my scan converter and make it analog again through the MXO2. Will try that soon. I do see an signal on a regular CRT monitor so yes, I do get a signal.

Thing is, I have now made a couple sucessful capturings with Vetura. But several captures, that produced a file in expected size and so on, are not readable but damaged, as if Vetura didn't finish them correctly. Have tried all players and on other computers but to no good. The files that have worked out is looking good though. I will continue trying and maybe I'll come back to this thread later, but for now I'll just try and get some captures from that one working setting I found.

Thanks
Emil
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Emil. Please note we do not support captures to H.264 codec in Matrox Vetura Capture App.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2015 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: