Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox sequences has to be rendered...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2015 (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mountain Media
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Matrox sequences has to be rendered... Reply with quote

I have been running an old syste with Matrox RT.X2 and Premiere Pre 5.03 and suddenly got an idea to finally upgrade my system and get my MXO2 Mini Max in action.
I installed everything and got it up and running with Premiere Pro CC 2015.4 with all the files manually inserted into the folders according your instructions. However when I add a Matrox Color Correction to a clip it goes fro Yellow to Red and gets a bit sluggish in playback. Is this normal? I thought that all the Matrox filters would be possible to use without rendering. Just to compare I have tried different Color Correction filters from Adobe selection and they all stay Yellow.
In my old setup with the RT.X2 it was the opposite way with a need to render all Adobe filters and all Matrox filters stayed native (no color at all).
I also get the Yellow line on clips without any filters/effects. I have a 720p50 sequence and use Sony XDCAM EX 720p50 film clips.
Finally I have tried to do a monitor calibration, but the feeling is that it's not really having any effect and corrected/non-corrected looks the same and they are both a little bit away from perfect. Any ideas?
I' still happy I was able to install everything in a few hours...
Best regards,
Jussi Sjolund, Producer
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the latest versions of Adobe, much has changed since Adobe CS5.5. Adobe's mercury CUDA engine is now used for acceleration (not Matrox). As for footage that is yellow barring, make sure it matches the timeline frame size and frame rate. Also Adobe uses yellow barring to indicate the sequence may or may not playback in realtime but probably will. See this link for further information: http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2011/02/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars.html

You may still get a yellow bar even when matching your clip settings with sequence settings. As mentioned, this is an Adobe workflow design, the yellow bar can still be played real time, without drop frames, depending on the performance of the system.

You can decide to render the preview workarea to be safe, and get a rendered preview playback using Mpeg2 IFRAME preview codec.
Mountain Media
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,
I'm very familiar with the new work flow ant the yellow bar. The problem is that I get a red bar when adding a Matrox Color Correction... The sequence is Matrox 720 50p and the filming is from Sony XDCAM EX 720 50p. This gives a yellow bar but plays back smoothly. When the Matrox Color Correction is added I get red bar and jerky playback. With Premiere's Color Correction it's still yellow and with good playback.
How can a Matrox effect do this on a Matrox sequence?
I'm having Win 7 pro 64-bit with CUDA enabled. Premiere Pro CC 2015.4 with latest Matrox drivers and manually inserted to the folders.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Matrox AVI instead of XDCAM clips as source files?

Can you try an Adobe XDCAM sequence to match your clips and then try CC?

If you render the files, are they playing back smoothly?
Mountain Media
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,
I don't have any Matrox AVI-files but I have tried with an XDCAM EX-sequence with same result. Any other filter than the Matrox Color Correction works fine.
Rendered they will play smoothly but it is a pain if you have to render every clip especially when you try to adjust colors.
On my earlier system (Premiere Pro CS5) it was the opposite wah - I had to render almost all Premiere filters & effects so it is a bit funny now that they all are real time now but I get the red bar on Matrox Color Correction on a Matrox system.
Do you think I should try to downgrade to CC 2015.2 ?
Regards, Jussi
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jussi,

Since we have not certified tests with Adobe CC2014.4 and MXO2, you can try rolling back, but i believe it would behave the same way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2015 (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: