Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 MINI MAX macOS Sierra Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
somnium7
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: MXO2 MINI MAX macOS Sierra Support Reply with quote

Recently I upgrade my system from OS X 10.10 to macOS Sierra. I have used MXO2 Mini MAX for encoding H.264 and for importing.
Unfortunately, old driver is not compatible macOS sierra. Is there any schedule for new driver? Or do I downgrade my system from Sierra to el capitan?
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Future drivers for OSX EL Capitan, Sierra are not planned as mentioned in this posting: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=14381

We recommend remaining with current supported OSX version or one that was working with MXO2.
Sjoerd
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox issn't a useful company (for MXO series) even if the bring new driver where we have to pay for that even doesn't matter with them.

In spite of that I have tested it, not very long but with the latest and last drivers it works on El Capitain the latest release (work on my HDMI monitor and MAX even wrks also.
On macOS Sierra a different story in the System Preferences there is no hard ware recognized.

So for further release I have here for a hobbyist 2 use hardware boxes, MXO 1 (895 euro's) and MXO 2 with MAX ( 995,- euro's) thats more 1.5 moth income for me, thanks Matrox for ripping me off.
bergstimme
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Now Matrox, are you kidding us.... Reply with quote

My MXO2 LE Max ist 2 years old and you are discontinued the products software update? We spend Swiss Franc 1500.00 for that system (is equal in $ ) and now have to find out this? Well hell, that should not happen to you guys at Matrox. What to be a serious company? There is nothing wrong with the hardware, it is top! We used ti a lot for SDI inputs, and others. As working on a documentary with old footage. WE are screed now. As we NEED the OSX Sierra to work with other software for you project.

I urge you to continue the support of the software, that can not be so complicate...

Thx
KEVIN
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
LWalkup
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Matrox LE Max doesn't work with El Capitan and PP CC 2017 Reply with quote

I agree with bergstimme. I paid $1,200 dollars in 2012 for my unit. It no longer works. I bought it to save time rendering to .mov. Wish I had known that Matrox wouldn't support the product. Left me hanging.
rdedits
(MXO2 Rack with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? It can't be that difficult to write something for Sierra users. Not happy guys.
Roberth
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is BS. Now we have a really good piece of hardware that needs to be **** just because there is no driver for it. Total BS.
figgy22
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: MXO2le not working in Seirra? WTF!!! Reply with quote

I agree with everyone here. This can still be useful to all of us who paid a lot of cash for these devices. I doubt it would cost Matrox that much to get these devices working properly, much less than it has and will cost all of us "suckers"! This really makes me think twice about buying Matrox products because who's to say they will be around for the long run.
carylee2002
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: No Support By Matrox for Sierra--Hello AJA Systems Reply with quote

I guess they have abandoned everyone who bought the Mojito Max or anything similar for anyone going above Yosemite....This is not going to be a friendly 2017 NAB show this year for all of us who bought such a expensive card. I guess its time to look at other competitors that support past buyers.
Matrox_Sergio
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Matrox Users,

We understand that you are all not so happy to hear that Matrox Video is no longer planning on releasing any new drivers for the future. At the time when we released our 4.6 driver for Mac and 8.1 driver for Windows we stated that there were no plans for upcoming drivers.

Matrox Video has been in the Video editing work flow for quite some time and we've released a lot of successful products; from the Digisuite Family to RTX to MXO and now MXO2. Since being in this Video NLE market for very long time Matrox Video wanted to enter a new world, Streaming.
For the last couple of years we've been developing streaming and recording appliances called Monarch. For those who want to know more about our Monarch products please click on the following link: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/
In order to release and deliver on time our Monarch products it meant that we needed to stop developing the MX02 product line. This was not an easy decision because as you can see we still have a lot of users who today are still using the MX02 product.

We'd like to thank all of our clients for their comprehension and continuous support.

Best Regards,
Matrox_Sergio
Technical Support Supervisor
irblaise
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find sickening about all this is that you kept selling the MX02 product after you decided to stopped making the drivers. And kept selling them after a few OS upgrades. You all should go to jail Shocked
Afterglow
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, this seems lazy. Surely it's not beyond Matrox to issue a new driver. Smaller companies do it all the time.

It also seems to make good business sense re digitising from old tapes since there are few if any real alternatives.

Please re-consider your decision.
bigfatgreg
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Users please contact me if you have unsupported MXO2 devices Reply with quote

There may be grounds for a class action lawsuit if matrox sold you an unsopported MXO2. PM and I'll get you more info.
fastvideo
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: MXO2 mini very problem. Reply with quote

My problem is that having a Mac mid 2010, without USB 3.0 and HDMI outputs, I no longer have an HD output for television. I used MXO2 MINI as a TV output for the end result. Now I do not know what to do anymore. I will be forced to change Mac.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: