Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't successfully capture

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martinnel
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Can't successfully capture Reply with quote

I've got the MXO2 Mini, Software Version 4.6.0.0006 running with OS 10.10.5. I am running Avid Media Composer 7.03.

I am trying to capture via HDMI though the Mini, but the image is screwed up. It is all pushed up into the upper half of the frame with most of the lower half of the frame taken up with vertical green lines. I am capturing HDMI out from a Sony HDV camera. footage and capture are at 1080 23.97.

I'm sure anyone who would like to help me will need more information, but I'm not sure what else to offer.

Help?

Martin[/img]
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try setting the Input to 1080i29.97? Does this work?

Are you scaling the input capture?

Have you tried selecting the Capture unstable video signal checkbox in AV Input of System Preferences?
Martinnel
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: re: Can't Successfully Capture Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you scaling the input capture?
Not sure what you mean, but the footage was shot 1920:1080 and I am capturing 1920:1080.
Quote:
Have you tried selecting the Capture unstable video signal checkbox in AV Input of System Preferences?
Yes.
Quote:
Can you try setting the Input to 1080i29.97? Does this work?
My Avid does not offer this setting. The closest I get is 1080p 29.97 or 1080i 59.94. When I try capturing in a a 1080p 29.97 project, I get no image on the screen, stuttering audio and this error message, which I did not get in a 23.97 project:
Quote:
Exception: Your attached hardware is reporting an unexpected frame rate.

But, eureka, 1080i 59.94 at a resolution of DVCPro HD MXF does work. Why is that? I know my camera won't shoot at that frame rate.

And, I'm still crashing a lot while in capture. Digital Rebellion's Crash Analyzer says:
Quote:
This crash appears to have occurred when trying to output video to an external monitor or deck.
And says the relevant line is:
Quote:
10 com.matrox.vpg.MatroxCoreMediaIOPlugin 0x0000000122b75be7 com_matrox_vpg_CoreMediaPlugin::CoreMediaStream::setPropertyData(CMIOObjectPropertyAddress const&, unsigned int, void const*, unsigned int, void const*) + 97

Martin
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

1080i29.97 and 1080i59.94 are the same frame rates, one is written in fields and other in frames.

This means that the camera is outputting 1080i59.94. Please verify with your camera's manufacturer for exact specs.

Can you make sure system sound in system preferences is NOT set to Matrox audio input or output device?
Martinnel
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you make sure system sound in system preferences is NOT set to Matrox audio input or output device?

They both in fact were set to Matrox. What does that do?

Martin
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When running Avid with Matrox, the audio devices should not be set to Matrox for the core audio.

These audio devices will conflict with the Avid and Matrox hardware when working in Avid. This is by design. The core audio devices for Matrox is used outside of NLE applications for use with iTunes, Google etc.
Martinnel
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sam. Got it.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: