Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing XAVC-S with CS6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbgradin
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Editing XAVC-S with CS6 Reply with quote

I have been editing UHD XAVC-S footage from Sony AX100 for a few months, importing into AVCHD preset in Permiere CS6, all works fine, footage looks sharp, no issues. I edit this footage with AVCHD footage from Sony NX3 camera, that footage does not look as sharp in comparison. I just updated the firmware from my NX3 to XAVC-S codec, so now I can stay with XAVC-S for all of my footage, which I assume will match the sharpness of the cameras better. Can I use Matrox Mpeg-2 I-Frame HD codec for XAVC-S footage or stick with AVCHD preset? (Both seem to work) Would the Matrox codec look better or should I upgrade to Premiere CC? I assume CC has the newer XAVC-S codec to pick from but would there be really be any noticeable improvement in picture quality if I upgraded to Premiere CC?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: