Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End of MX02? (No Windows 10 & El Capitan support)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hhermans
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: End of MX02? (No Windows 10 & El Capitan support) Reply with quote

I am a long time (happy) user of Matrox video cards (since early 2000), but I must say I am very disappointed in killing any driver updates by the Matrox Company. The upgrade path to Windows 10 especially is future proof, so why not invest in this driver update? Adobe for instance does greatly develops for Windows 10 & El Capitan.

It is also very questionable still selling MX02 cards and not providing drivers for a modern OS. What is the alternative? Is there a new card on the horizon? I have deeply invested in my current workflow and it would be sad that it will end this way. Please help us out. What should we or can we do?? Confused
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hhermans,

Thank you for your feedback and for relaying your concerns to us. Glad to hear you have been a happy Matrox customer since 2000. As you may have read from our forum post here: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=14381 , software support for Windows 10, El Capitan (and future releases of Adobe, Avid, Apple and other apps) is not planned. That said, we have received feedback from a number of users who are successfully installing and using our latest drivers on Win 10/El Capitan. If you wish, you can test this install as well.

One alternative is to setup a dual boot install on your system. Example:

- Boot 1: Windows 8.1 / Adobe CC 2015 / Matrox driver 8.0 : partition used for editing work
- Boot 2: Windows 10 : partition used for general purpose use, browsing etc

This type of setup would allow your editing partition to be dedicated for work and be free from any issues associated with general use browsing (such as viruses, spyware). We hope this setup would allow you to benefit from your MXO2 for years to come.

We also have some users who are strictly interested in using our own software (A/V Tools, H.264 Capture, Webcam emulator, Vetura Capture) or using their MXO2/Mojito for video input into streaming applications (Wirecast, AFMLE, etc). We therefore continue to receive interest in this line of devices due to their flexibility and video quality.

Regarding new products, we have released the Monarch HD, Monarch HDX, and VS4 Pro. These products are not I/O cards; they support live streaming and recording.

I realize this may not be the ideal answer you were seeking but hopefully the information is helpful nonetheless. Please feel free to follow up here, by phone, or email (mxosupport@matrox.com).
hhermans
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Joe,

Thx for your reply. The big question is why is it not planned yet?

Greetings from Holland,

Hans
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhermans wrote:
Dear Joe,

Thx for your reply. The big question is why is it not planned yet?

Greetings from Holland,

Hans

You're welcome Hans. It was a decision made by our project management team to focus our attention on other areas and development of new video technologies. This thread will be closed. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at mxosupport@matrox.com. Simply write (Att: Joe) in the subject header.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: