Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crash Analyzer Says Matrox Causing My Crashes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martinnel
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Crash Analyzer Says Matrox Causing My Crashes Reply with quote

I have started repeatedly crashing in Avid Media Composer. Often, I get error messages along the lines of "Exception: StreamingPlayConsumer::ExecutePass TIMEOUT." In the past I have found references to 'Consumer' to end up directing me to Matrox issues.

Also, after each crash, Digital Rebellion's Crash Analyzer tells me, "This crash is related to a Matrox card." It has, in the last 7 crashes, cited the following lines as relevant:

0 OpenIO_Matrox 0x00000001c571bf67 MatroxOutput::SetSampleRate(HWSDK::AudioSampleRate) + 31

0 OpenIO_Matrox 0x00000001221a142a com_matrox_vpg_DALHelper::DALFormat::getFormatDescription() const + 4

0 OpenIO_Matrox 0x00000001c5997f67 MatroxOutput::SetSampleRate(HWSDK::AudioSampleRate) + 31

0 OpenIO_Matrox 0x00000001223bc42a com_matrox_vpg_DALHelper::DALFormat::getFormatDescription() const + 4

0 OpenIO_Matrox 0x00000001cb97942a com_matrox_vpg_DALHelper::DALFormat::getFormatDescription() const + 4

0 OpenIO_Matrox 0x000000012313f42a com_matrox_vpg_DALHelper::DALFormat::getFormatDescription() const + 4

This, I think, all seemed to start after I did an elaborate computer refresh, moving from Mavericks to Yosemite, replacing my old startup drive with a solid state drive and adding RAM. I did do a reinstall of the Matrox driver after reinstalling Media Composer.

Here are my specs:

OS 10.10.5
Mac Pro (Early 2009) 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core
32 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB

Avid Media Composer 7.0.4.4
Matrox MXO2 Mini
Firmware v 15.0
Software v. 4.6.0.0006
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

Please note the SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT error is an Avid issue and workaround is provided in the Avid link below.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/Hangs-entering-trim-mode-with-3rd-party-Open-IO-hardware
Martinnel
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. I see you reread my post and edited your reply to take out the part about installation order after you saw I'd addressed that. I put it in bold because that is always the first line of attack and I wanted to get it out of the way.

The link you directed me to says, "You may experience hangs or errors entering trim mode with Media Composer 7.0.4 and 3rd party IO hardware."

I'm not having these problems when entering trim mode. They happen all the time in any circumstance. I don't always get that TIMEOUT error message either. That was just the one I had a frame grab of.

Martin
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please provide steps you take that make Avid to crash so we can try on our end?

Last edited by Matrox_Support_Vlad on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Martinnel
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been offsite all day today. I will send you information the next time I crash. But, really, it seems to crash from almost any action. I haven't seen a consistent cause.

Martin
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not have issue reported or bug related to Avid constantly crashing under 4.6.0 driver and OS X Yosemite. It looks like conflict has been created since the OS X upgrade.

You might consider running disk permission on your hard drive and see if that helps. Uninstall MXO2 driver, run disk permission then download fresh version of 4.6.0 driver and install it. Also, send us screen grab of error message next time when occurs.
Martinnel
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here we go. I was just cutting two clips into a sequence. They were two different imports of the same jpeg. The first was imported with an RGB color space and the second with 601/709 (I'm doing a test for something else). They are otherwise both the same and the same resolution as the project.

When I put the second clip into the source monitor, the monitor went black with , I got the spinning "SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT" in the lower left and then, after a pause, I got this error message:

Alert

"Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at
address 0x0

Digital Rebellion's Crash Analyzer says, "This crash is related to a Matrox card." And also that the relevant line is,

0 OpenIO_Matrox 0x00000001c537442a com_matrox_vpg_DALHelper::DALFormat::getFormatDescription() const + 4

Martin
Martinnel
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry. I should have proofread that last one. Here it is again without the typographic errors.

OK, here we go. I was just cutting two clips into a sequence. They were two different imports of the same jpeg. The first was imported with an RGB color space and the second with 601/709 (I'm doing a test for something else). They are otherwise both the same and the same resolution as the project.

When I put the second clip into the source monitor I got the spinning beachball and the monitor went black with

SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT

in the lower left. Then, after a pause, I got this error message:

Alert

"Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at
address 0x0

Media Composer then crashed.

Digital Rebellion's Crash Analyzer says, "This crash is related to a Matrox card." And also that the relevant line is,

0 OpenIO_Matrox 0x00000001c537442a com_matrox_vpg_DALHelper::DALFormat::getFormatDescription() const + 4

Martin
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

As I mentioned before, the only fix for "SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT" error is workaround provided by Avid.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/Hangs-entering-trim-mode-with-3rd-party-Open-IO-hardware

Have you removed OpenIO_VirtIO.acf file already?

There are many users that had this error but after the file was removed errors stopped.

BlackMagic forum
http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23046

COW forum
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/45/897182

Avid forum
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: