Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re: New drivers now available for MXO2 family & Mojito Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gloidl
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: New drivers now available for MXO2 family & Mojito M Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Sam wrote:

Support for Windows 10, OS X El Capitan and future releases of Adobe, Avid, Apple and other apps is not planned.

Best Regards,
Matrox Video

Does that mean that MX02 is EOL? Do I have to buy a new product if I want to stay up to date? If I buy a new computer that comes with El Capitan preinstalled I can no longer use my Matrox? If there is a major update to CC or FCPx I wont be able to use my Matrox any longer?
Are you serious?????? I cant believe what I?m reading here... I always loved my Matrox hardware but software customer service has always been a pain...
gloidl
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reply from Matrox?
Dutch_EVP
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: New drivers now available for MXO2 family & Mojito M Reply with quote

gloidl wrote:

Support for Windows 10, OS X El Capitan and future releases of Adobe, Avid, Apple and other apps is not planned.

Best Regards,
Matrox Video

Does that mean that MX02 is EOL? Do I have to buy a new product if I want to stay up to date? If I buy a new computer that comes with El Capitan preinstalled I can no longer use my Matrox? If there is a major update to CC or FCPx I wont be able to use my Matrox any longer?
Are you serious?????? I cant believe what I?m reading here... I always loved my Matrox hardware but software customer service has always been a pain...

Shame on Matrox!! Think about this: Your daily bread and all the hollydays you got is thanks to your customers!!!
Thanks Matrox for your understanding, I 'am gone, thanks for your service.
mazlwks
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: New drivers now available for MXO2 family & Mojito M Reply with quote

New drivers are now available for the Matrox MXO2 family, CompressHD, Mojito MAX and Mojito 4K.

Best Regards,
Matrox Video

How on earth can you NOT plan to make drivers for current (and free upgrade for everyone) OSes of Microsoft and Apple for your hardware products that are still on sale and promoted on your website today?
Are you rather planning the end of Matrox Video as a whole? It would be the only logic explanation.
OMG Matrox Video is almost dead and history. Crying or Very sad
irblaise
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they haven't replied by now they probably are not going to. They don't want to get into it with their customers. Or they had a big layoff. So there is no one to respond. They should at least explain why they are not going to make drivers for their products anymore.

It looks like Blackmagic design is going to get a lot more sales!
Mischu
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Matrox is really a pain Reply with quote

the service should not be called "service". Drivers makes more problems that they works. And, driver are never up to date!

I have changed to black magic - best offer and SERVICE
alanlopeze
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Third post... Reply with quote

This is the third post with different users who are like me, just puzzled by this... How come you just decided not to update?

This is frustrating... i hope you can understand our perception of the products right now. The are becoming problems instead of solutions...
shabbir.hassanally
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Open source the MX02 drivers Reply with quote

Hi Matrox,

Now that you've decided to cease supporting an otherwise excellent product. Now that you have announced that you will no longer be providing drivers for the MX02 Series on either OS X El Capitain or Windows 10.

There is something you can do to save yourselves from a fate whence it is made abundantly clear that while as a company you have excellent engineers (it would take brilliance and excellent to create a device like the MX02 series - that goes without saying) - but you have some of the most incompetent and ignorant "managers" - who really do not understand their customers.

Matrox used to be a name that everyone looked up to - now - sadly - its become somewhat of a liability - cease supporting a product that works perfectly - why would any sane organisation do that?

So here's a "compromise" if you want to call it that Matrox - OPEN SOURCE YOUR DRIVERS - throw the source up on Github or another Open Source hosting provider (it'll be free and you're not supporting them any longer so the code is useless to you) - and let the community - people like myself and others who use the MX02 devices but also program.

Let us carry on the MX02 driver work from you - and that will save you a lot of reputation and will give you respect and kudos from the community - and no doubt - will also allow you to continue to sell these excellent devices.

So what do you say Matrox - you up for it?

Warm Regards

Shabbir
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: