Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Export to Matrox .mp4 crashing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Export to Matrox .mp4 crashing Reply with quote

My workstation has worked with very little trouble since I bought it in 2013. Unfortunately now it has very frequent crashes when exporting to Matrox MP4. The screen goes to a whitish greyed out look where I can still see the dialog boxes but the export progress bar stops moving and the video export never finishes. I then have to force stop the program (Premiere/Media Encoder).
I am using CS6 Master Collection on windows 7, 64bit Pro.
Matrox Mini with Max.
Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
I am still using the original drivers on everything since once it works I leave it alone and it has worked very well until now.
I haven't made any known changes to anything.
My projects are usually AVCHD 1080 30P or AVCHD 720P.
I usually export for archive using 4,2 setting with the bitrate set to around 25Mbit, progressive, best quality.

This used to work well. Now it gets part way through the export, the red matrox light flashes and everything but then fails before it is finished. Sometimes over half way, sometimes less.

My main C:> is an SSD. My 3 media drives are all SATA-3 7200RPM also bought in 2013. I have the video footage on separate drives than the export usually.
I have tried exporting via the media encoder and also direct export where it doesn't open the additional media encoder dialog. No difference.

Any ideas what to try?
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started using the regular Adobe (non-matrox) h.264 mp4 export setting since I have been unable to get the Matrox one to work after 8 more failed attempts in a row of different clips.
I set it at 25Mb and maximum quality and it seems like it might be nearly as fast as the Matrox accelerated export.
I suspect the matrox factor may be the problem since it is not crashing doing the adobe .mp4 export.
I still want to get the matrox problem figured out though.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Matrox hardware detected in Matrox X-info? Right click green M icon on task bar (bottom right hand corner) and open to Hardware pane.

Are you running Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 64-bit?

What version update of Premiere CS6 and AME CS6 are you running?
Is the same sequence being used to encode via Premiere and AME?

Have you tried importing and directly exporting a single clip in AME?

Have you tried clearing Premiere and AME preferences?

Can you try unchecking Enable Parallel Encoding in AME Preferences?
In AME, do you have Use Maximum Render Quality or Use Previews checked in Export Settings window? Can you uncheck Maximum Render Quality setting?

What is your current Matrox Mtx.utils software version? The latest Mtx.utils 8.0 drivers support Adobe CS6 collection: ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/Supported%20OS%20and%20Applications_MXO2_8.0.0.pdf

When installing Matrox software, did you follow these steps?
- uninstall the current MXO2 drivers
- download and right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click unblock (at the bottom) if it is seen.
- Make sure the UAC option is turned off (set to Never Notify in Windows 7 settings) before running the MXO2 setup * may need to reboot
To disable UAC option or set it to Never Notify in Windows 7, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run Mtx.utils setup and then make sure a full reboot and power cycle is performed (after install is complete, shutdown PC, disconnect MXO2 power for several seconds, reconnect power of MXO2 and then power up the PC)
- re-enable UAC option if needed
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sam,

I am using SP1 for WIN 7 64bit

I see "Matrox audio/video devices" listed under device manager.

I clicked on the little matrox icon at the bottom right and it opens a dialog that shows info for matrox software and hardware:
software 7.1.0.1294
hardware firmware 0.15.0 and it shows a little temperate meter (neat!)

Premiere CS6 version is 6.0.3

I always use "maximum render quality" when exporting

I'll go through the rest of the list and post back with results Smile
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AME is version 6.0.3.1
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note there is a newer Mtx.utils version 8.0 which provides support for Premiere Pro 6.0.5 and Media Encoder 6.0.3.
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow. I didn't realize there was a 6.0.5 update for WIN ver of Premiere Pro. I'll download that and the Matrox util v8.0 and try that.

One thing came to mind as far as changes. I did install 3ds Max 2013 and enable the WYSIWYG. I didn't reinstall Matrox software or anything. I just opened the settings and set it up for 3ds Max plugin.
I was having this problem before that but not nearly as bad as it is now. I don't know exactly when as far as a timeline or if that can possibly even be related, but I know now the matrox crash problem is worse than it was.
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to decide whether to go through the rest of the steps listed or to go ahead and update to Premiere 6.0.5 and Matrox tools util8.0.

The reason I am hesitant is that I don't have a completely current clone of my SSD in case everything goes south.

I see one benefit/fix listed on Adobes site for 6.0.5. Are there substantial reasons to update the Matrox util to 8.0?
Are there know issues - I use the entire CS6 Master Collection as well as a lot of plugins such as Sapphire 8, Boris BCC9, Hitfilm 3, NewBlueFx and a bunch of Red Giant stuff.
I also have 3ds Max 2013 (for the WYSIWYG) and 2016.

Basically after downloading the CS6 and Matrox updates do I just follow these steps? And do I do the Adobe updates 1st or the matrox update?

- uninstall the current MXO2 drivers
- download and right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click unblock (at the bottom) if it is seen.
- Make sure the UAC option is turned off (set to Never Notify in Windows 7 settings) before running the MXO2 setup * may need to reboot
To disable UAC option or set it to Never Notify in Windows 7, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run Mtx.utils setup and then make sure a full reboot and power cycle is performed (after install is complete, shutdown PC, disconnect MXO2 power for several seconds, reconnect power of MXO2 and then power up the PC)
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Matrox software after installing 3ds Max 2013 for WYSIWYG, you can try an uninstall and reinstall of the Mtx.utils.

The Mtx.utils 7.1.0.1294 drivers does not support Premiere 6.0.5 update. If you decide to update Premiere you will need to:
- uninstall Matrox software
- perform Adobe CS6 updates and then make sure they update successfully to appropriate versions
- download the 7.7.2.2018 or 8.0 drivers which both support Adobe CS6 Premiere 6.0.5
- follow the installation steps mentioned below:

The 8.0 drivers do not differ much from the 7.7.2 drivers but brings support for Windows 8.1 64bit.
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I decided I am going to try to snag another SSD during black friday sales and then clone my main drive before diving into this
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the update. Let us know your results whenever possible.
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update,

I uninstalled the Matrox util and wipes
during uninstallation left the box checked "keep matrox settings",

updated all CS6 Adobe software (Premiere now at 6.0.5 and After Effects 11.0.4)

Intalled the Matrox util (v8.0) following the instructions (disabled UAC etc)
During installation I noticed there were options for the WYSIWYG for After Effects CS6 and 3ds Max 2013, but no option for Premiere Pro at all.
I left the boxes checked for After Effects CS6 and 3ds Max 2013.
During installation I saw warnings come at the bottom saying not installed correctly but they went away.
I installed the matrox wipes.

I shut down PC, disconnected power to MX02 for 32 seconds and then restarted.

I opened Premiere and it seems to work. My video preview to my TV works like it did before. I did one test Matrox MP4 export and except for a glitch in a frame near the end of the video it worked successfully.
I also did a quick test of a matrox color correction and matrox transition.

I cannot use After Effects. It will not let me open projects without crashing nor can I import anything into a new project without it causing a crash.
The last media I tried to import was a small jpeg and it took a while and finally crashed saying"...Last logged message was: <86447>
<ae.blitpipe> <2> HardwareBlitpipe Disengaged.

I opened photoshop (now v 13.0.1.3) and it opens files and seems to work ok until I do a WYSIWYG preview and then it crashes every time.

I opened 3ds Max 2013 and did a test render and it worked fine until I turned on WYSIWYG and it tried to render for several minutes, I saw the TV screen change modes like it was going to work but it never exported the image, it just hung with a progress bar that never finished.

Random notes: My video card Nvidia GX 780 is still using the original driver from 2013.

I quick look at device manager shows no "!" problems and it says the matrox stuff is working correctly.

I see the matrox icon at the lower part of my screen (X.info) as well as the WYSIWYG icon which says its at 1080 30P 16X9.

For now I still have UAC set to "do not notify"
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this step:

I looked but never saw the the unblock to be able to click it
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. Premiere is not part of the WYSIWYG apps, and therefore, will not be listed under the installer for WYSIWYG applications. Therefore, what you are seeing is normal. If Premiere is already installed on the system, the plugins for Premiere are automatically installed from the Matrox software in the appropriate locations.

Also, the Windows installation will fail when trying to run Matrox installer. This message is normal and the Matrox drivers have installed correctly as you have noticed.

Are you running the latest After Effects update?
If you import simple AVI file into AE, does the WYSIWYG work?

Can you try updating the latest NVIDIA graphic card drivers for your system? Make sure all apps are closed before running the graphics driver.
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

I installed the latest nvidia driver for my card. v 359.06. GTX 780 3GB

I have the latest After Effects update installed (11.0.4.2).

I tried importing a simple short SD avi clip in After Effects and same result - crash as soon as I try to preview it on timeline layer or anything. I can import it but can't do anything with it because it crashes as soon as it tries to preview output it.

I tried importing other footage and same result. The footage appears on my computer screen for just a second and as soon as it tries to preview it on my output TV it crashes.

I tried photoshop again and same thing. It crashes as soon as I try to use the WYSIWYG preview. Seems to work as long as I don't use WYSIWYG.

I tried 3ds max 2013 again and same result - renders the frame on the computer screen but as soon as it goes to do the WYSIWYG tv output it never does anything else but hangs.

I also tried Encore and it seems to work. It previews the output on the TV screen as before. I assume it doesn't use the WYSIWYG like premiere and that is why it works.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: